VISITOR EXPERIENCE ANIMATOR (PART-TIME)
The London Children’s Museum is looking for a creative, fun, professional and enthusiastic Visitor Experience Animator (VEA) to join our team. Working with the Visitor Experiences team, the VEA will contribute to the development and delivery of outstanding programs, events, birthday parties and more. Candidates will identify with and exemplify our organizational values which are: Stay Curious, Be Awesome, Be Helpful, Dream Big, Include Everyone and Have Fun.
Position: Part-time, hourly contract until June 2019 with opportunity to renew.
Reports to: Public Programs Coordinator Compensation: $14.00/hour
Skills and Requirements:
- Provide exceptional visitor experience and customer service to all museum guests
- Engage in meaningful interactions with children and families visiting the Children’s Museum
- Deliver high-quality, fun and engaging museum programs including birthday parties, daily programming, day camps, special events, and star shows
- Participate in community outreach programs
- Provide training and support to volunteers
- Be a helpful, positive and engaged member of the Children’s Museum staff team
- Accept all other duties as required
- A desire to play and have fun!
- Enthusiasm for children, families and the experiential learning philosophy practiced by the Children’s Museum
- Support the Children’s Museum’s Statement of Pedagogy
- Previous experience working with children and families
- Ability to engage and interact with individuals
- Interest in education, STEAM, art, culture and/or museum studies
- Desire to work in a distinctly child-centred environment
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to work both independently and within a team
- Child & Infant First Aid and CPR training
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Check
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and some Friday evenings
The London Children’s Museum welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
To Apply: Please e-mail your application to Jamie Fenton at email@example.com