The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an opportunity for a temporary, full-time Human Resources Coordinator to join the Human Resources team at the 50 King Street, London office until November 2019. The successful candidate will report to the Human Resources Partner, and provide coordinative support to the HR team across functions and activities including: recruitment, onboarding, attendance & disability management, employee and labour relations, HRIS & records management, data collection and analysis, committee participation, HR projects and other administrative duties. Additionally, the HR Coordinator plays a front-line role to respond to employee enquiries and requests.
- Completed university degree in Human Resources (or a related discipline) and/or a college diploma in Human Resources Management is required.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation must be completed.
- Minimum of 1 year direct HR experience, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Excellent computer proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Office, HRIS systems & databases, online research, and recruitment posting boards.
- Working knowledge of all relevant Acts, legislation and regulations (e.g. Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, WSIB, etc.).
- Professional demeanor with proven customer service skills, a resourceful attitude, effective communication skills, and strong discretion to deal with sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Exceptional organization skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities/inquiries/requests to perform independently and effectively.
- Strong collaboration skills to work effectively in a team environment with internal colleagues and management at all levels, as well as with external partners.
- Communication proficiency (written and verbal) in French and/or any other languages is highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at www.healthunit.com by December 9, 2018 quoting posting # HRCFTOPP-1118.