Job Posting: Full Time Employment Advisor (Networking)
Reporting directly to the Team Leader, the Employment Advisor (Networking) is responsible for working with clients and employers either individually and / or in group format (in person or virtually) to engage them through various networking-focused activities including networking events, informational interviews, short term placements, shadowing, touring of facilities, and others activities based on needs of the job seeker. The Advisor will support job seekers in securing networking opportunities to support their employment goals. Above average interpersonal skills ensure that communication across the organization is achieved at all times, in the best interest of job seekers and employers.
The mission of WIL Employment Connections (WIL) is to drive innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. To support this mission, WIL and its partnership projects provide a suite of services and programs in information, referral, assessment, employment counselling and preparation, mentorship, licensure application assistance and facilitation of volunteer work experience placements leading to employment.
The successful candidate will possess superior skills in communication, objective-oriented presentation style, relationship development, current labour market trends and recruitment process, events planning, and strong knowledge of technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as lead organizer and host networking events to bring job seekers and employers together, in collaboration with other teams at WIL and its partnership projects;
- Plan calendar of networking events and sessions in collaboration with teams and projects across WIL including Immploy and Access Centre for Regulated Employment;
- Act as a networking specialist within the Employment Preparation Team and connector to networking opportunities available through WIL and its projects;
- Train immigrant job seekers on successful techniques and strategies to networking in person or online;
- Coach clients before and after networking events to provide support and guidance in appropriate follow up with employer and industry connections made;
- Secure employers as volunteers for networking events;
- Meet directly with local employers to determine their recruitment/hiring needs and to educate them about the variety of hiring and recruitment programs and services available to them;
- Support employer engagement and business development opportunities across WIL and its partnership projects including Immploy and Access Center for Regulated Employment by referring employer and industry contacts to appropriate teams and projects for hiring opportunities, mentoring, placements, informational interviews and mock interviewing;
- Support job seekers in navigating supports and services at WIL and expediting connections to employment goals;
- Prepare and deliver presentations in the community on the programs and services of WIL and its partnership projects;
- Build rapport with individuals and groups to facilitate job search, employment preparation, and career and labour market sessions for adult job seekers, in person or online;
- Support clients in the completion of self-marketing package (resume, cover letter, references, labour market research, correspondence) by reviewing and editing documents;
- Assist clients with completion of employment applications, interview preparation, and develop and review online profiles (i.e LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Skype, blogs etc.) to increase overall clients’ exposure to employment opportunities;
- Collaborate and objectively work with clients to develop and implement realistic career and educational goals and achievable employment action plans;
- Keep up with current labour market trends and coach clients on tools for enhancing their job search and employability (networking, information interview, workplace culture, soft skills etc.);
- Update and input clients’ information into database and prepare reports (statistical and narrative);
- Create a positive professional environment to support clients’ self-confidence and motivation.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma;
- Experience in human resources, recruitment or sales;
- Event planning or project delivery experience;
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of networking techniques as part of a job search process;
- Knowledge of immigrant employment journey and integration into labour market;
- Ability to demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in facilitating and engaging audience;
- Well-developed communication and coaching skills (advocacy, negotiating, networking, report writing and presentations);
- Experience with reviewing written materials, editing for punctuation, misspelling, grammatical errors, clarity, and style, while providing feedback for quality work;
- Flexible work style with ability to deal with competing priorities and thrive in a changing environment;
- Passion for continuous improvement, creativity and innovation;
- Well-developed organization, planning and time management skills;
- Well-developed decision making and problem solving skills;
- Results oriented, resourceful, able to take initiative, research and implement solutions;
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team to achieve collective goals;
- Strong technical skills and proficient use of computer software packages including: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, internet, database, and social media platforms;
- Must have the use of a car.
Please forward applications (covering letter and resume) no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, December 10, 2018 to:
Hiring Committee / Full Time Employment Advisor - Networking
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com Please reference Hiring Committee/Part Time Employment Advisor (Networking) in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about WIL Employment Connections, please visit our website at www.WIL.ca .