London Training Centre has an immediate full-time permanent position of Trainer
This is a salaried position including benefits. The work week is typically Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm however this position will also require the employee to work outside of the regular hours, evenings and weekend days as required.
The primary role of the trainer is facilitating and preparing training materials for training sessions and ensuring facilities are tidy and organized before and after training. Responsibilities for this role include assessing, evaluating and documenting internal and external training and certification programs according to the content and standards of each program. Utilizing a variety of adult learning methods, the trainer will instruct participants individually or in groups in-house or offsite that engage participants and meet their learning objectives. The trainer will engage in and support the training team with community outreach and marketing activities as needed.
The position of Trainer will be responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Instruct participant’s individually and in groups, using a variety of delivery methods and training techniques both at London Training Centre and in the community.
- Deliver all curriculums according to the content and organizational standards of the program.
- Ensure quality training through effective monitoring and assessment of the participant’s skills compared to defined standards.
- Establish clear objectives for all courses and maintain classroom code of conduct to ensure a safe and engaging learning environment.
- Arrive punctually to trainings and manage time effectively to ensure all aspects of the course are delivered within specified timelines.
- Administer and proctor training program qualification tests.
- Confirm training materials, participant handouts, training rooms and equipment are prepared, organized and operational prior to training sessions.
- Understand individual learning preferences, styles and teaching strategies to address different learning styles.
- Demonstrate appropriate strategies to effectively keep participants focused, on task and meeting course objectives within established timeframes.
- Create lesson plans prior to the course where applicable and conduct activities that offer a balanced program of instruction.
- Efficiently manage all administrative aspects and ensure completed documentation meets required organizational and contractual standards.
- Enter data into the organization’s data management system.
- Complete reports and documentation on activities as required.
- Promote training services and programs to community partners and training services participants.
- Ability to be adaptable and professional in a dynamic and changing workplace.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
- Undertaking other tasks as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate:
Will possess a post-secondary degree and have previous facilitation and/or employment experience in human services, education or training. Preference will be given to those candidates that possess certification to be able to train First Aid + CPR and/or an expressed interest in this aspect of the position. We are also looking for a person with strong qualifications and a drive to do their best. We value excellence, teamwork, learning, diversity, integrity and high levels of commitment to customer service.
Application Deadline: January 28, 2019
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
Kristie Balatsoukas / Hiring Committee
London Training Centre
110-317 Adelaide St. South
London, ON N5Z 3L3