Organization: WAYS Mental Health Support
Status: Full-Time (35 hours per week) for 12 month contract
Wage Rate: $29.65 / hour (start)
Anticipated Start Date: To be negotiated
The Clinical Support Worker provides assessment, consultation and counseling to clients and their families utilizing family, individual and group approaches. The position is responsible to provide consultation to agency staff and foster parents, including treatment planning and crisis management on a case by case basis.
This position is ideal for you if:
- You are someone who enjoys working with a diverse group of people.
- You have solid verbal and written communication skills.
- You have sound knowledge of problem solving skills to develop creative, evolving plans for clients and their families.
- You can demonstrate skills in conflict and behavior management and resolution.
- You are someone who demonstrates independent decision making skills.
In the position of Clinical Support Worker you would be responsible for the following:
- Providing counseling services (individual and group) to clients and their families.
- Providing case consultation including assisting direct care staff and foster parents to understand and intervene effectively.
- Participating in the multi-disciplinary approach in the development and implementation of individual treatment.
- Administering, interpreting and conveying assessments and reports, and integrating findings into the development of treatment plans.
- Supporting a clinical philosophy that incorporates an Individual and Family Empowerment Model with strengths-based and evidence based clinical practices and promoting the integration of this model into WAYS services.
- Maintaining current knowledge of Trauma-Informed, Attachment-Based and Harm Reduction approaches and therapeutic interventions.
- Informing and assisting clients and families to access supportive community services.
The successful candidate will meet the following:
- Masters of Social Work or equivalent Master’s degree.
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or be a Registered Psychotherapist or other Regulated Health Professional authorized under the Psychotherapy Act of 2007 to engage in the controlled act of Psychotherapy.
- Must possess a valid class G or G2 Driver’s License and have access to a reliable vehicle.
- Current in Red Cross First Aid and CPR, or willingness to obtain this certification.
- At least two years’ experience providing clinical services in a Children’s Mental Health setting.
- Ability to provide services in French is an asset.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please quote the position in the subject line of your email.
WAYS Mental Health Support is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity in its workplace. WAYS encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate candidates with disability related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment process, upon request. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources department at HumanResources@ways.on.ca.