WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer and distributor of cannabis and cannabis oil for both the medical and adult-use markets under the Cannabis Act. The Company operates two facilities: a 26,000 sq. ft. indoor facility in Aylmer, Ontario and a state-of-the-art greenhouse facility located in Strathroy, Ontario. The Greenhouse currently has 44,000 square feet of licensed space in production and is expected to have a total footprint of more than 500,000 square feet online by year-end 2018. WeedMD has a multi-channeled distribution strategy that includes supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart and provincial distribution agencies, as well as through strategic relationships across the seniors’ market in Canada.
WeedMD is looking for a Production Supervisor, who will report directly to the Manufacturing Manager, and will provide leadership in the manufacturing packaging process while ensuring compliance with Regulatory and Company requirements.
- Responsible to organize the filling and packaging activity related to dry flower and oil bottling / packaging, pre-roll fill and packaging to meet production schedules.
- Oversee organization of labour performing the filling and packaging activity, ensuring compliance to all regulatory requirements and Company policies.
- Ensuring compliance to all documented record requirements and sampling plans.
- Participate in the training, development, and performance of reporting associates.
- Communicates with Manufacturing Manager on production performance issues while contributing to corrective action.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience in a highly regulated industry.
- Able to lead a group of individuals and provide performance feedback.
- Maintain a positive outlook and willingness to learn and contribute to company success.
- Maintain confidentiality and attain necessary skills/competencies
- Able to take and give direction and follow all company policies/procedures.
- Must have an awareness of company needs and foresee potential problems.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Positive contribution and personal commitment/responsibility to a respectful workplace.
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Please note that as we are hiring for different positions and different locations, we ask that you specify the desired position and location in the subject line when applying.
We wish to offer sincere thanks to all applicants, however, please note that we will only be contacting those whom we feel are best suited for these positions. Resumes will be stored in our database for a period of six months for future consideration as new opportunities become available.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.