Zehr Transport is a family owned and operated business located in Ingersoll, Ontario. The business has been in the transportation, and warehousing business for over 40 years. We are currently seeking an experienced Bookkeeper and Administrative Coordinator to join our growing business.
We are seeking an organized and experienced Bookkeeper and Administrative Coordinator to perform accounting and financial analysis and assist with administrative functions in an office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an accurate easy to access filing system for all important documentation.
- Administer and manage both regular and electronic inbound/outbound mail. Opens all mail and routes it to appropriate personnel.
- Updates and maintains the employee attendance records, including vacation days/pay, illness, statutory and holiday calculations.
- Orders and maintains central office supplies, customer convenience area foods and cleaning supplies.
- Ensure that meetings spaces and customer convenience spaces are well maintained with refreshments available, if required.
- Answer and manage inbound telephone inquiries.
- Prepares financial analysis, letters, reports, and other correspondence using word processing and electronic spreadsheets.
- Maintain a current Accounts Payable listing of invoices and credits and verify all bills are paid correctly and on time.
- Complete various payroll functions (timecards, bi-weekly processing, attendance records)
- Assists with calculations for payroll and government source deduction remittances.
- Maintain accurate accounts receivable records. Ensure prompt receipt of receivable money due.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports including year-end adjustments
- Calculates statutory holiday hours as per provincial and corporation rules.
- Performs bank reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and bookkeeping activities.
- Provide courteous, prompt and accurate telephone answering service for all staff. Record messages or forward calls.
- Greet internal and external customers as required.
- Other Duties - As Assigned
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Community College with an accounting or business certificate/diploma preferred
- Two (2) years of experience in an office environment.
- Experience using Sage/Simply Accounting is preferred
- Prior experience working in a trucking and/or feed mill is preferred
- Sound knowledge of bookkeeping, plus basic corporate accounting, office accounting systems and experience with computer systems.
- Working knowledge of cost accounting and financial management
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
We offer a competitive salary in addition to Extended Health and Dental benefits.
Please apply in confidence using the form below.