Location: RiverBend Golf Clubhouse
Reporting to the Golf Course Superintendent, this position oversees and completes a comprehensive preventative maintenance program and repair of defective or failing equipment; keeping detailed records of work completed for each piece of equipment; placing orders for parts and supplies required for service and working collaboratively with Grounds Equipment Technician, Community Grounds Superintendent and Grounds staff.Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources.
• Inspect, diagnose and repair mechanical defects or failures in various types of golf course and grounds maintenance equipment, including diesel, gas and electric powered golf course equipment, ensuring all service requests and repairs are completed recorded thoroughly and in a timely manner.
• Maintain records for equipment and parts inventory, equipment condition, costs of repairs and preventative maintenance schedules and program for all equipment, including all operating lift equipment.
• Setup and operation of shop equipment, blade sharpening, towing and mowing equipment; servicing and maintaining golf carts, spraying equipment, tractor units and small powered equipment. Examine and service daily the equipment for performance enhancement.
• Train grounds maintenance personnel regarding equipment usage, preventative maintenance, proper cleaning procedures and safe operation of equipment.
• Oversee and maintain the equipment service area for organization, cleanliness and safety.
• Diploma or certificate as a turf mechanic technician or five years of related on the job experience and/or related education, certificates and licenses. Experience within the golf course industry is an asset.
• Working knowledge of diesel and gasoline powered engines, hydraulics and all types of mowing equipment, including reel mowers. Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate repair and maintenance work. Knowledge of safety regulations and hazards related to maintenance shop work environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively and keep accurate and complete business records as it relates to all repair work completed on equipment.
• Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment. Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees, members, residents and guests.
• Possess a valid drivers’ licence.
If this opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, please apply now! http://sifton.com/careers/job_details.php?jobcode=4372