Location: Retirement Living
Reporting to the Environmental Services Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring quality maintenance service and facilities preventative surveillance to our Residence.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources.
• Follows and monitors the preventative maintenance program (heating, plumbing, water, gas, electrical, mechanical, communications, carpentry, painting, plastering, refinishing and similar work, grounds care, and maintenance of institutional equipment).
• Schedules and performs maintenance on repair, preventative, replacement and new installations.
• Informs Environmental Services Manager of supplies and equipment needed.
• Keeps detailed records of work performed
• Aids in receiving supplies delivered and in placing these supplies in the proper storage areas.
• Co-ordinates work in this department with other departments’ functions so as not to disturb or interrupt resident care, services or normal operational functions.
• Strong customer service focus and excellent communication skills
• Three to five years related experience
• Training/knowledge in plumbing, electrical work, painting and minor repairs
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with HVAC systems, preventative maintenance programs
• Ability to work in a cooperative, team environment and to work independently, demonstrating sound judgment and problem-solving skills
• Is familiar with the provisions of the Occupational health and Safety Act, promotes safety and participates as needed on site Committees and safety programs
• Must successfully complete an authorized Screening for Vulnerable Persons and Criminal Reference Check and Tb screening requirements.
Please apply to - http://sifton.com/careers/job_details.php?jobcode=5135