Summary: The Program Assistant/Lunch Coverage person will demonstrate competence and dedication to the care and education of school age children by providing additional support to the program to ensure that inclusion exists for all children. All aspects of the Program Assistant/Lunch Coverage position will be performed while working within the framework of the vision, mission and value statements and the policies and procedures of Milestones Children’s Centre, the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, the Child Care Centre Licensing Manual and How Does Learning Happen?.
• Demonstrate an understanding of MCC Policies and Procedures and the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014.
• Work as part of a team and share responsibilities to provide developmentally appropriate activities in an inclusive environment for all children
• Implement a variety of positive and consistent approaches towards behaviour guidance which are consistent with the policies, practices and philosophy of MCC.
• In hard to manage situations, determine appropriate behaviour guidance strategies and intervention through discussion with your Supervisor
• Work with your co-workers and the Resource Consultant to promote the inclusion of all children
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to the position through attendance, punctuality and enthusiasm for work.
Qualifications and Skills
• Understanding of child growth and development
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Reliable nature
• Take initiative
• Demonstrate flexibility
• Strong background in positive behaviour guidance
• 18 years of age
• Preference given to those with B.Ed, CYW, DSW, Rec & Leisure, PSW or RECE
• Experience working with children
• Standard First Aid/CPR level C
• Criminal Reference Check (Vulnerable Sector) within the past 6 months
Wage: $14.00/hour - $15.28/hour
Hours: Monday - Friday, 6-8 hours/day depending on schedule
Start Date: July 2, 2019
End Date: August 23, 2019 with possibility for employment beyond this date
Thank you to all who apply. Only those deemed as qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Milestones Children's Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process, upon request.