Modular Controls – Intermediate
Electrical Engineering Technologist/Technician PLUS
309A (Construction and Maintenance) Electrician
Full Time, Permanent
ESAC leads the electrical industry in innovative power system integrated solutions based on technology, service and value. We are seeking a driven, technically skilled technologist/electrician to join our Modular Controls division. You’ll be part of a dynamic team, learning leadership skills while working on innovative projects. In addition to a competitive compensation package, ESAC offers a relaxed office environment, flexible work time, and opportunity to grow. Our team is our greatest asset, and we want you to be a part of it.
What You'll Be Doing
- Developing and maintaining a detailed understanding of electrical power equipment, panels and E-Houses installed systems for utility/generation applications and markets
- Working with multidisciplinary technical team to develop conceptual designs, estimates and proposals
- Performing field research, working with divisional engineering for specifications, detailed technical design, ESA requirements, fabrication, site installation and commissioning
- Training staff, strategic clients and following/improving application process for quality deliverables on time and on budget
- Managing projects and project key contacts, such as clients, suppliers and sub-contractors, to ensure milestones are met and projects remain on schedule
What We're Looking For
- Electrical technologist/technician and electrician Construction & Maintenance 309A (we need you to have both!) with minimum 3 years experience in electrical power systems construction and maintenance
- Transformer/Substation/Powerhouse projects and in-service retrofits for equipment, panels installation, overall wiring, sub suppliers/contractors and ESA compliance
- Site drawings, Single Line Diagrams, panels/E-Houses, arrangements EWDs, CWDs, bill of materials, installation details and cable schedules
- Materials management, ESA inspections, CSA inspection/test and reporting
- Excellent project team participation, technical adapting, speaking and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail, high degree of accuracy in work and organizational skills
- Self-motivation to learn some new skills, take on new responsibilities and work cooperatively in a team environment
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please send your resume with a brief cover letter to introduce yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org; selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with a disability are available upon request during the interview process. To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please email or call us. ESAC is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer, and we encourage any interested and qualified candidate to apply – diversity is what makes us great!