London Waldorf School, a vibrant, not-for-profit, Toddler to Grade 8 school community, seeks applicants for the position of Manager of Finance.
The Manager of Finance (MF) carries the vision of the school in the financial realm and is adept at budget preparation and other reporting to facilitate decision-making by the Board, the Faculty, and the Accessible Tuition Program committee. The ideal candidate demonstrates a balance between strong financial acumen and the ability to perform the day-to-day tasks of supporting a social enterprise.
The MF manages the activities of the following areas based on London Waldorf School’s mission and strategic priorities:
- Financial Reporting and Audit
- Bookkeeping & Payroll
- Finance Support and Consultation
- Financial Planning/Special Projects
- Degree in business with a focus in accounting or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of non-profit organizations is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of Waldorf education is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, including meeting important deadlines
- Proficient in Excel, GSuite, and QuickBooks
- Ability to articulate financial implications to non-finance audience
- Fair and transparent
- Measured response to stressful situations
- Team player
This permanent, 35+ hour per week position starts September 1, 2019. The salary range is between $37,129 and $40,842 plus health and dental benefits, pension plan, 6 weeks of vacation, and tuition remission for any children attending our school.Please forward your application, by August 16th, to:
Ruth Baer, Administrative Chairperson, at firstname.lastname@example.org
.Please be advised that:
- We require 3 references, including one from an accountant who has worked with your books.
- A clean criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening must be provided prior to starting work.
- Due to the expected high volume of applications, only the most qualified applicants will be contacted.