Role & Responsibilities
The Manager, Resource and Business Development will focus on building relationships that support Pillar Nonprofit Network’s sustainability and the success of its revenue generating activities. The incumbent will design and execute resource development strategies that are aligned with Pillar’s values.
This position will provide leadership to Pillar’s financial sustainability. Adopting a relationship building approach to resource development, this role will oversee and lead grant writing, grant reporting, the Sustaining Members program, and the corporate sponsorship program, as well as develop innovative resource development strategies that leverage Pillar’s assets. Additionally, this role will support staff members when pursuing grants or funding opportunities specific to their teams. This position will cultivate, recognize, track, and steward Pillar's donors and supporters.
Other responsibilities include: supporting the efforts of Impact Consulting; liaising with lead consultants; assisting with Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and proposals; administering contracts; invoicing; and implementing evaluation tools.
The Manager, Resource and Business Development will work closely with the Impact Consulting team and the Resource Development Committee.
Job Skills, Knowledge, and Strengths
- Experience in nonprofit, social enterprise, and/or social innovation
- Proven track record in resource development
- Related professional experience in consulting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- High-quality customer service skills, to support members in accessing benefits and resources across the network
- An entrepreneurial spirit and understanding of nonprofit, social enterprise, and social innovation
- Ability to quickly establish relationships with others by earning trust and practicing effective communication
- Motivated to achieve bold targets
- Strong strategic planning and evaluation skills
- Capable of converting relationships into business opportunities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and meet established deadlines
Respect for Diversity
The successful candidate:
- Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds, and characteristics bring richness to organizations
- Demonstrates respect for people of diverse backgrounds
- Promotes fairness and respect for all individuals
- Values and seeks out differing opinions from a diverse population
- Suspends judgment and challenges their assumptions, to counteract stereotypes
- Makes efforts to educate themself and others about diversity issues
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Flexible hours, with occasional evening and weekend work required
- Access to Pillar's Learning & Development program, when possible
- Based at Innovation Works (201 King Street)
Pillar’s Culture and Values
Pillar Nonprofit Network was voted one of London’s best places to work
by London Inc. magazine!
Our staff-written Team Alliance includes commitments to:
- Show genuine and active appreciation
- Celebrate success
- Be present to each other
- Practice self-care
- Demonstrate mutual support
- Promote a culture of fun
- Foster a brave space for failure and learning
- Be accountable
Pillar is committed to diversity and encourages applications from people who are Indigenous, racialized, LGBTQ+, women, persons with disabilities, and other overlooked and underestimated groups.
How to Apply:
- Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, August 29th, 2019, 5:00pm EST. No applications received after the deadline will be considered.
- Please reference "Manager, Resource and Business Development role" in the subject line of your email.
- Pillar Nonprofit Network is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all people to consider applying if their skills meet the requirements of the position.
- Pillar will provide any requested accommodation to candidates throughout the recruitment process.
- While we appreciate receiving all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes are not kept on file for future reference.