|Service Area||Housing, Social Services & Dearness Home/Dearness|
|Posting Open Date||8/22/2019|
|Posting Closed Date||9/8/2019|
|Position Title||International Student Graduate Internship- Dearness Home|
|Position Type||Temporary - Full Time|
|Summary of Duties||The Dearness Home Intern will work primarily on improving the recording and setting of inventory levels, on auditing for compliance with facility process, and on quality improvement initiatives.|
• Review of building routines and processes
• Maintenance audits and checks, and work with the team on improvements to the process
• Complete a total equipment audit and review of inventory with CAM requirements (model numbers, serial numbers, pictures, evaluations, etc.)
• Audit and inventory outgoing equipment to auction
• Full review of items in storage to facilitate decision on retention, auction or other
• Take full inventory of all linens
• Work with the maintenance team on a number of building audits and equipment checks
• Work with other departments (dietary and nursing) for equipment auditing.
• Develop/investigate the best audit process for Housekeeping administrative duties as related to the tasks and projects assigned.
Eligibility under the City of London International Student Graduate Internship Program as follows:
MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
• Have been an international student that has graduated within the last year from a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Canada, and
• Currently hold valid Post-Graduate Work Permit to be legally entitled to work in Canada, and
• Have an English language benchmark of level 6 or above.
• Successful applicant will be asked to provide a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) dated within the last six (6) months for employment purposes. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected) but would be required before the candidate could start.
• Successful applicant will be asked to provide a clear 2-step Tuberculosis (TB skin), with the second part of the test dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected) but would be required before the candidate could start.
• Post-secondary graduate from an educational program related to Office Administration, Business, Facility Management or Inventory Management.
Demonstrated computer skills (E.g. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
Previous relevant experience with inventory tracking an asset.
|Compensation Range||$15.95 per hour|
|Other Information||This position is for a duration of up to 20 weeks.|