Reporting to the Operations Manager (or Designate) within the Neighbourhood Developments, this position will be responsible for the preparation of documents, accuracy of processing, execution and coordination of buy and sell agreements, closing documents and statements of adjustment to satisfy our primary purposes of acquiring land and land development transactions.
Date Posted: August 20, 2020
Please apply online - https://sifton.com/careers/job_details.php?jobcode=1178
• Complete real estate transactions including preparing and registering documentation, writing cheques, handling banking documents in the area of purchase, sale and refinance. and drafting requisition letters and providing to lawyer for review with search of title.
• Draft requisition letters and support for acquisitions and sales of properties for land development.
• Review RE purchase and sale contracts, builder’s contracts, financing documents, leases and Land Titles documents.
• Read and review Development agreements, verify document requirements with external (City) relations to plot out of agreements, input data through Project software systems and set future contractual deadlines internally to communicate and share with construction team for implementation.
• Provide support for acquisitions and sales of: properties, financing transactions, and land development
• Preparing and tracking closing checklists and transactional documentation from letter of intent through completion of closing binders. Participating in and attending closing meetings as needed; obtaining Registry of Deeds documentation; assisting with various lease purchase documents; reviewing due diligence materials.
• Obtain legal documents from various governmental agencies and legal entities as directed by the Vice President, Neighbourhood Developments
• Prepare Offers to Purchase and ensure all offers are fully executed according to Company policy. File all offers delivered to and executed by the client and/or purchaser. Distribute executed copies to the appropriate parties, along with storing a digital copy on the network drive.
• Request and process deposit cheques on new offers when required. Notify VP of any updates and changes to offers, and record milestone dates in the VP calendar.
• Prepare, amend and track proposals and agreements for all new properties/joint ventures and coordinate with our legal team after execution of all agreements, and assist in updating tracking chart.
• Prepare and manage builder information packages in a standard digital format to quickly provide information to builders on demand.
• Working with the Operations Manager, prepare a tracking chart of agreement status and prioritize important dates to highlight for the VP.
• Maintain electronic versions of all prepared farm lease agreements (prepare/amend/track) along with maintaining tenancy lease agreements for arrangements/expiries, and monitor distribution of hard copy documents to ensure final required signatures are obtained prior to the established deadlines; Coordinate with Land Technician and Ops Manager for setting rates/values and file documents accordingly.
• Engage with Real Estate group to input, track and manage inventory of lots/sites to update, edit, and distribute monthly mortgage statements related to inventory for proper validation with accounting to team dashboards for consistency in reporting and decision making by VP and Ops Manager.
• Ensure all correspondence meets Corporate standards and policies for formatting and presentation so there is a consistent and professional image portrayed.
• Other duties as required.
• Minimum 3year diploma in Law Clerk and/or in Real Estate, legal services
• 4+ years of experience in Real Estate Law as a Law Clerk
• Real estate or paralegal background/experience is an asset
• Ability to read and interpret legal documents for purchase and sale agreements (Land or Home)
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of business terminology and standard legal correspondence
• Excellent communication skills interacting with team and clients by telephone, email and in person
• Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
• Additional Project management skills/experience utilizing tools like Salesforce, Smartsheet, MS Project is an asset
• Proficiency in working with specific software programs and data management platforms such as CRM, Invoicing systems (i.e.Docuware) or other financial systems is required
• Ability to effectively proof-read and verify documents for legal purposes with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision in an organized manner to meet deadlines with accuracy in a timely manner
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at 519-434-1000.