Reporting to the Director, the Assessor performs the assessment function for McCormick Dementia Services and for Community Support Service (CSS) organizations within the South West LHIN region. This is accomplished through the completion of consumer/client assessments using the interRAI Community Health Assessment and Screener instruments. The Assessor completes comprehensive care plans, identifies service gaps and forwards referrals to local programs and services. The Assessor also provides input and recommendations for system improvements, and consults with CSS agencies and system partners on emerging issues.
The Assessor must display the organization values of Compassion
Interested applicants are asked to submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to Michelle Robertson, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com. Please note consideration of applications will begin August 31, 2020.
- Possess a post-secondary degree in a social/healthcare related field
- Minimum three years’ experience with an in-home/community care organization or social/health service program
- Knowledge of the interRAI CHA instrument and skills using comprehensive assessment tools and protocols
- Strong knowledge of community resources available for the following populations: seniors, those with dementia, caregivers
- Knowledge of symptoms associated with Alzheimer Disease and Other Dementias
- Knowledge of the regional healthcare system
- A valid Canadian driver’s licence and automobile insurance
- Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite, email, and databases
- Fluent in French and English (preferred)
- Valid CPR certification at the Heartsaver level
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills essential
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary work environment
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those asked for additional information and/or selected for an interview will be contacted.
McCormick Care Group is committed to the fundamental principles of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating employees fairly, with respect and dignity, and offer equal employment opportunities based upon an individual’s qualifications and performance. McCormick Care Group is committed to recruiting and selecting individuals who are the most qualified to perform the requirements of the position available.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please contact Michelle Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org.