Lone Wolf is looking to hire a Solutions Architect. This person will serve as a member of our Architectural team with oversight of all software architecture within their domain. They will set the strategic direction and define the principles that shape our software development and technology adoption practices here at Lone Wolf.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Perform architectural analysis and design for systems and products with the Lone Wolf portfolio.
- Partner with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate program requirements into technical solutions and system designs.
- Document and communicate designs, estimates, and implementation plans to program stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering/IT team, including architects and technical leads, to evaluate solutions and gain consensus on technical direction.
- Research, design, test, and evaluate new technologies and vendor solutions.
- Maintain an organization-wide view of current and future business and application architecture to provide solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices.
Skills & Requirements
- 6-8+ years’ experience developing and delivering large scale distributed systems (ideally using modern microservice architectures, SOA, CQRS, Event Sourcing, or DDD patterns)
- 3+ years’ experience in React and TypeScript
- 3+ years’ experience in Java and Java Spring Framework
- Prior experience with at least one major IaaS and/or PaaS technology
- Prior experience with relational and non-relational database technologies (PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Prior experience with RabbitMQ, Solace or AWS SQS/SNS
- Prior experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Prior experience with React Hooks
- Thorough understanding of the DRY, SOLID and KISS principles of software development
- Flexibility and creativity in implementation of designs - including leveraging emerging technologies
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives
- Ability to communicate and apply common design patterns across a wide range of technical problems