Responsible for performing repairs and maintenance of the residential units and buildings Sifton’s portfolio as directed by supervisor
Please apply online - https://careers.sifton.com/job_details.php?jobcode=1338
• Complete a variety of maintenance repairs in residential units and properties, in a professional and timely manner. Prepare vacant suites for turnover, including replacing light fixtures, light switches and electrical outlets, hardware, trim & door, drywall repairs and painting.
• Work collaboratively with team members, peers and Supervisor to provide outstanding service to customers.
• Keep supervisor informed of status of work orders and reports using SalesForce system on smart phone. Ensure work orders assigned are updated in SalesForce for enhanced communication to team, Supervisor and customer.
• Communicate on a consistent basis with customer a full description of the status of work competed in the unit including verbal, phone and email communication.
• Participate in after hours on call rotation.
• Be professional, diplomatic and helpful to our customers at all times.
• Adhere to all health and safety rules and safe work procedures and support the Sifton safety culture.
• Report to maintenance manager any observed infractions of rules or regulations observed within the units, including but not limited to, pets, excessive number of occupants, damages beyond normal wear and tear, illegal activity, disconnected smoke detectors.
• Perform other duties as required
Experience & Qualifications:
• Strong mechanical aptitude, and ability to multi-task and complete a variety of maintenance repairs.
• Minimum five years’ related experience with a focus on interior unit/building building maintenance tasks.
• Able to perform carpentry, baseboard countertop installation, drywall, plumbing repairs and basic electrical work. Experience with appliance repairs is a definite asset.
• Able to work independently and take ownership but also flexible to work with team members as required.
• Demonstrated safety awareness and knowledge of safe working procedures.
• Displays initiative to problem-solve and engage with team goals.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong customer service focus, positive and friendly demeanor
• A valid driver’s license, dependable transportation
• Must supply own tools.
• Must provide satisfactory current background check.