Tall Oak Private Wealth, an independent agency of Raymond James Ltd that provides wealth management services to high net worth individuals and their families, is seeking a qualified Financial Planner to work in our London Ontario office.
As an independent team of Raymond James Ltd., Tall Oak Private Wealth in London Ontario is part of a leading independent wealth management firm, offering professional investment management and financial advisory services to high net worth individuals, medical professionals & successful business owners. We provide our clients with strategic financial planning and discretionary portfolio management services.
This position requires an energetic, ambitious and driven investment professional. The successful candidate must have a meticulous attention to detail, possess a positive attitude, excel at critical thinking, and have superior organizational skills.
This permanent full-time, pure financial planning position (no sales) is for professionals that have a passion for helping clients reach their life goals.
The Financial Planner is responsible for providing complimentary financial planning services to Raymond James’ high net worth clients in collaboration with their Financial Advisors (FAs). The candidate must have experience preparing financial plans with a strong background in the financial services industry. A great working knowledge of financial, tax, and estate planning concepts is a must. In order to maintain an objective financial planning process to meet our clients’ best interests, this is a salaried position which does not include compensation for sales.
Specifically you will:
- Design and deliver financial plans of varying complexity that clearly communicate the recommendations and alternatives related to the client’s financial analysis and comprehensive plan design;
- Participate in client plan presentations in the office or over the phone as requested by the Financial Advisors;
- Provide ongoing, financial planning support to Financial Advisors by responding to their
- queries in a timely manner;
- Support planning applications such as NaviPlan, PlanPlus, Razor, and Ativa Concept Toolkit as required, including training and troubleshooting for FAs and their employees;
- Write articles for internally and externally directed publications related to financial, income tax, retirement, and estate planning topics;
- Review and assess financial plans prepared by other financial advisors directly providing planning services to their clients;
- Develop professional relationships with local external experts (i.e. professional accountants,
- lawyers etc.) to provide comprehensive service on complex planning matters;
- Prepare and present internal workshops and seminars on various current topics relating to financial planning;
- Maintain financial planning professional practice standards including training, development and codes of conduct; and
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To qualify for this opportunity you should possess:
- Working towards completing the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) or Registered Financial Planner (R.F.P.) designation;
- Technical understanding of the financial planning process including investments, asset protection, retirement, estate planning, cash management and taxation issues;
- Ability to incorporate the financial needs and goals of a client into a succinct, professional document outlining their options;
- Ability to organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment while providing a high level of customer service in a calm, courteous, and professional manner;
- Excellent proficiency with at least one comprehensive financial planning application, including NaviPlan, PlanPlus, or FP Solutions;
- Proficiency with MS Office and in particular Excel;
- Well-developed English inter-personal skills to interact effectively with and guide Financial Advisors and their clients on various planning options; and
- Ability to work independently, under limited supervision, in a location separated from other national team members.
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter to:
Raymond James Ltd