Gameday London is seeking a junior level sponsorship and advertising sales representative to join this exciting new organization and help grow our business and engagement with the London community.
As a driven, energetic salesperson, the successful candidate will grow their sales career while working in the ever-evolving digital marketing and advertising landscape – for an organization where the sky is the limit in terms of growth and opportunity. You will be a
valued member of the Gameday London team!
The primary focus of the Sponsorship and Advertising Sales Rep will be selling sponsorship packages and digital ads (on a commission basis) for Gameday London’s online local sports publication. (There will also be opportunities for sponsorship and ad
sales for community events).The role:
The ideal candidate:
- Building relationships with local businesses, organizations and sports groups and creating partnerships in the sponsorship/advertising space.
- Attracting new clients through cold calling, social networking, and other lead generation strategies.
- Meeting with potential clients (phone, virtually and in-person) to assess their marketing needs and coming up with a media plan.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with existing clients and providing exceptional customer service to both new and existing clients.
- Upkeep of a sales database/spreadsheet.
How to Apply
- Driven, energetic and personable. A true networker.
- Previous experience in sponsorship and/or advertising sales and a proven ability to prospect new clients.
- Post-secondary degree (Bachelor’s or Associates), preferably in a business/marketing-related field.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- A valid driver’s license, use of a vehicle and vehicle insurance.
- Passion for sports is an asset!
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: December 11, 2020Gameday London is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. Accommodations will be made, where required, throughout the hiring process.About Gameday London
Gameday London is a non-profit organization focused on building community and connection through sport. Through our outreach in the community and our online sports publication, we seek to foster a sense of pride in London’s sports teams and athletes, while encouraging (and helping facilitate) youth participation in sport and healthier, more active lifestyles for all Londoners.
The Gameday London website provides unrivaled coverage of London’s vital sports scene, including the teams and individual athletes that Londoners care about – and the ones they don’t know about. The site takes readers ‘behind the scenes,’ offering breaking news, analysis, longform, interviews, chats, podcasts, and more – all produced by local journalists.