Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers to one another and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most exciting projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of professionals with a variety of expertise within pre-construction, construction, and post-construction. To learn more, check out our Cradle to Grave services and hear from our team directly about what a career at EllisDon could look like for you. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
Above all, we are a group of individuals with unique experiences and at EllisDon, we choose to celebrate the strength in our differences, every day. EllisDon’s commitment to Inclusive Diversity is to work together to create an environment where every employee feels safe to be their true and authentic self. Ultimately, EllisDon’s purpose is to provide people with similar values the opportunity to achieve to their full potential; to deliver that opportunity for great careers to one another; and to contribute meaningfully to the community we share with others.
In case you’re curious, here’s what the industry thinks of us and some of the impacts we've made to the communities we work in.
You as a Business Systems Analyst will:
- Work directly with members of the business and Enterprise Intelligence (EI) team to assess and document business and technical requirements for changes to finance systems
- Recommend solutions to business problems, inefficiencies, and technical issues, including development, application upgrades or application purchases
- Work with members of the business and leadership to plan and prioritize projects, and with the Development Manager to coordinate the development / configuration, testing and deployment phases of finance application development, upgrades and modifications
- Assist with coordination of problem management as issues arise, perform analysis / problem solve as required, and work with the development team on issue resolution
- Coordinate between Financial Management System team (FMS team) and other EI teams to support the analysis and documentation of integration between finance applications and other applications, including documentation of related finance system requirements
- Provide the systems detailed analysis and business flows for the future finance system implementation and data migration, including the related transitional changes for other integrated systems
- Ensure proper documentation of finance systems, including current functionality, changes, data fixes, upgrade test plans, recurring issues / resolutions, and disaster recovery
- Perform data analysis to identify issues, solve problems, and achieve efficiencies
- Coordinate month-end and year-end requirements and finance system changes
- Ensure proper internal control surrounding change management
Is this the right role for you?
- You have 5+ years of work experience in a related role
- You have experience with multiple finance applications and ERP systems, including custom-built applications and legacy applications
- You have experience with detailed business and technical requirements documentation, process analysis, and development methodologies
- You have experience with finance systems implementations and conversions
- You have experience working with complex business logic and an environment with multiple integrated applications
- You have an aptitude for quickly learning and understanding new systems
- Experience working with the IBM i platform is an asset
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is an asset
- You have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel
- You have experience with data analysis, including tools like SQL, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Platform applications, Tableau, etc.
- You have experience with process mapping software
- You have experience with project management software, like Jira
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and can communicate complex business and technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, tailoring the messaging as appropriate.
- You are a highly technical individual with a strong attention to detail and can offer process improvements and innovative solutions
- You are a well-organized, and proactive individual able to self-manage and work as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- You are motivated and eager to take on new challenges that come your way
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity that provides continuous learning, opportunity for growth, and a competitive compensation package within an environment that is committed to inclusion and respects diversity.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of any age, culture, subculture, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, race, size, mental or physical status, veteran status, religion, language, political opinion, working-style preference, family status, education, and socio-economic status. The EllisDon core values of Integrity and Mutual Respect welcomes everyone, at work and in the community, and our value of Mutual Accountability, means that we all have a role to play. As an EllisDon employee, this will ultimately be your commitment to Inclusive Diversity.
?Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are committed to providing a positive candidate experience and ensuring timely updates are provided to all candidates. If you haven’t already, be sure to create a profile on our Careers page here to remain up to date on the status of your application and learn about new career opportunities as they arise.