Are you pursuing a career that gives you the chance to be clever, bold and creative?
At STEP Software, we hire the best to join us in the relentless pursuit of code excellence, because better ideas and a better approach means better code… and happy clients!
We pride ourselves on successfully delivering custom software development services across many verticals using .NET (C#, VB.NET), C/C++, Python, Java, Swift, Objective C, PHP & Delphi on Windows, Linux, Mac, iPhone, Android and embedded devices.
STEP Software is seeking a Quality Assurance Tester to conduct software quality assurance testing by employing various software testing techniques in a variety of systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies. These methodologies include Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid Agile, with the intent of ensuring the quality of the system under development for IT applications.
- Perform various types of QA software testing including, but not limited to, manual functional, web usability, system integration, regression, cross browser compatibility, ADA compliance, backend database validation and mobile application testing.
- Document software issues on ALM including concise and detailed steps for duplication of issues found.
- Work collaboratively with project team to communicate testing progress and status, prioritize and track defects to closure, discuss project updates and issues to ensure appropriate follow through to resolution.
- Develop detailed test cases utilizing ALM Software, ensure that tests cover all features of the system (happy path and edge cases), and ensure the complete test-to-requirement coverage.
- Work with the developers to identify and prepare test data needed for the test execution.
- Review and analyze functional requirements to ensure that requirements are testable
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Demonstrated exceptional time management skills
- Strong, effective communication and documentation skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to support multiple concurrent project responsibilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Evidence of thriving while working independently
- Critical thinking skills and the determination to succeed in meeting tight deadlines
- Experience testing web applications built using different technologies, including .Net, JAVA, MySQL, Oracle, and MS SQL Server
- Experience with load and performance testing tools – Load Runner, Jmeter, etc.
- Experience with automated software testing tools – Selenium, Junit, etc.
- Experience with ALM software – JIRA, Bugzilla, Rubicon, etc.
- Experience with version control tools – Git, SVN, TF, etc.
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts and proficiency with SQL
- Typical office hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm (temporarily remote per COVID-19 protocol)
- Above average salary commensurate on experience
- Group benefits including Health, Dental, Life, & Vision
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Small team with a family atmosphere
- Social committee
- Collaborative work environment
To apply, please email your resume in confidence along with salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Step Software is an employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are happy to accommodate an individual’s needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarian's with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.