Many companies spend 6+ months to craft the infrastructure and models for large scale text classification. Datastreamer changes that. We offer classification capabilities and a platform-as-a-service which is the foundation on which amazing companies can build their text classification and mass data processing. We are looking for senior software developers to help us build and refine that platform.
- We are a funded startup. Therefore we focus on fast, lean, scrappy execution. You need to be energetic, knowledgeable, creative, and passionate.
- We already have market validation. A lot of tech startups don’t do their homework before they build. We did, and we know what we need to build.
- We are dealing with some brand-new technology. You need to be excited about continuously investigating new technologies and challenging the status quo.
If you are looking for constant challenges and working with cutting edge technology in an exciting technology company, then this is the job for you!
What we’d like you to do:
- Develop and maintain the scalability of our systems and processes
- Write clean code to build out high-quality tools and applications
- Document, test, and review code through each phase of development
- Mentor other developers by sharing knowledge, modeling best practices, and providing suggestions to improve the quality of our code
- Detect bugs and other complex issues within our code and correct them
- Estimate development tasks involved in the execution of a project and prioritize them effectively
- Research new platforms, tools, and technologies to foster continuous learning, share insights with the team, and demonstrate potential ways to use them to our company’s overall benefit
- Other duties as required
You should be someone with:
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in addition to a University or College degree in Computer Science with demonstrated excellence in your field of study
- Experience with C# and/or Java
- Significant experience with Elasticsearch, messaging systems (i.e. Kafka), Kubernetes
- Experience with API systems design
- Cloud experience
- Experience with containerized applications using Docker
- Experience with service-oriented or microservice architectures
- Experience with distributed data processing at a significant scale
- A quick learner of new technologies, programming languages and development platforms
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Energy and creativity along with strong problem-solving skills
Why work for us?
- Competitive compensation including full company-sponsored benefits plan
- Employee stock options plan
- "Remote-first" work opportunity
- Culture of autonomy, creativity, growth & ownership
- Purposeful work
- The opportunity to be an integral part of building something BIG
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today via email to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Datastreamer will provide accommodations to any job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify Human Resources and we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.