Huronweb Offset Printing Inc., a family-owned and operated business and leader in web press printing technology, is seeking an upbeat and energetic Controller to join their team. This position will have day-to-day responsibility in leading all aspects of the financial operations including: budgeting, financial accounting, reporting, audit preparation, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and internal control functions If you are have a flare for interpreting numbers and are looking for a leadership opportunity in accounting, please submit your resume.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the business;
- Forecast revenue and expenses;
- Perform all financial functions related to month/quarter/year end closing including: journal entries, conversion costing, income statement and variance analysis;
- Overall responsibility for payroll: Review, approve, and follow-up on discrepancies to ensure accurate payroll processing and administration;
- Ensure accurate coding, posting payables and receivables;
- Oversee or perform tasks to ensure that financial functions are reconciled monthly including (but not limited to): accounts receivables, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accounts payables, payroll administration and intercompany accounts;
- Manage cash flow;
- Provide critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections;
- Execute overall financial reporting including preparation of financial statements, management reports, financial analysis, recommendations, quarterly and year end results and forecasting etc.;
- Preparation of stand-alone financial statements;
- Prepare financial analysis and reports to support management’s decision-making process;
- Assist in response to enquiries from various tax jurisdictions;
- Perform various reconciliations – bank, intercompany balances, project costs, G/L accounts for CDN transactions;
- Comply with Canadian and US reporting requirements for tax filing;
- Preparation and report on budget to actual variances;
- Coordinate activities of external auditors;
- Familiar with shareholder dividend tax integration practices;
- Knowledgeable with payroll legislation, tax laws and ensure government reporting compliance (HST, EHT, CPP, EI, WSIB, taxable benefits);
- Provide cost/benefit analysis;
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls;
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures;
- Improve profitability by identifying opportunities for efficiency improvements and cost reductions
- Assist management and employees in the interpretation and application of human resources policies, practices, guidelines and legislation;
- Implement, document and maintain adequate, effective internal controls and processes;
- Maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems;
- Provide general administrative support to management as required;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Business/Accounting;
- Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant (CMA, CGA, CA) designation;
- 5 - 7 years previous experience in a similar industry is an asset;
- Proficiency in Sage, MS Office products with expertise in Excel;
- Strong understanding of Accounting Standards and Practices;
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills;
- Meticulous attention-to-detail;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Solid verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Comfort in a work environment that includes a mix of detailed and analytical work, related administrative tasks, and driving sound business practices;
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts;
- Able to work well under pressure, meet set deadlines and prioritize;
- Driven with a strong sense of urgency;
- Results oriented/Able to manage efficiently and effectively.
Successful candidates will be required to provide: Background check consent and education verification.
Work remotely: No
Full COVID-19 precautionary measures in place.
We are committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations if needed. We will consult with you and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.