The incumbent is responsible for the creation and maintenance of 3D CAD according to engineering specifications and to support the organization in all facets of manufacturing including equipment, tooling, and instructions to facilitate the production of high-quality processes that meet customer requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop 3D models and associated 2D drawings on selected 3D modeling type workstations for product design updates for both the product and tooling related parts.
- Defines and manages all CAD files and documents relating to assigned development projects, working directly for the assigned development engineer for each project.
- Keeps design project record of all CAD activities related to assigned projects.
- Assist plant team members to achieve effective and efficient production processes.
- Participate in interdepartmental team activities to accomplish goals.
- Project management: Continuous improvement of existing equipment.
- Assist in process development efforts through cross-functional teams to develop optimal cell layout, standardized cycle times, process flow, plant layout(s), equipment utilization and efficiency while adhering to safety, quality, productivity protocols and budgets.
- Update process work instructions and set-up procedures as required. Assist with updating tooling specifications and best practices for plant processes.
- Identify root cause and implement corrective action for die continuous improvements (internal and external driven initiatives)
- Adapt and promote lean manufacturing principals
- Generate and maintain tooling, in-process and product drawings
- Generate new product proposal drawings
- Assist in finalizing procedures for drawing file updates, maintenance and communication
- Maintain and update drawing files in compliance with TS16949 procedures
- Communicate tooling drawing updates to various departments
- Coordinate incorporation of design changes with tooling, quality and manufacturing
- Support tooling area as backup to purchasing crib through various activities, including but not limited to the stocking and distribution of tooling to eliminate outages.
- Assist in the selection of tooling vendors and follow up on spare detail manufacturing
- New and existing tooling design and build readiness
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Post-secondary degree / diploma in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent experience
- GD&T knowledge
- Knowledge of metal tooling, stamping and manufacturing processes
- Possess working knowledge of ISO/TS 16949, ISO 14000 and Q1 Compliance Criteria
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, stooping and performing repetitive motion tasks
- Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Usage of a computer and other office machinery
- Flex shift hours may be required to support role responsibilities over 3 shift operation
- Office, manufacturing and outdoor environment
- Wear personal protective equipment as prescribed
ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- Possess working knowledge of IATF16949, ISO 14001, and Q1 compliance criteria
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with continuous exposure to noise
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
We offer an industry competitive salary; comprehensive benefits, rewarding and engaging work environment, working with an acknowledged and growing industry leader.
Extended Health Care
DPS, RRSP with employer matching
Company paid uniforms
Molded hearing protection
Company subsidized safety boot and safety glasses programs
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off
Means Transform Products is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.