This position is anticipated to extend for a period of twelve (12) months with a possibility of a further extension, subject to the availability of work and funding.
SWPH is seeking a qualified leader who can work with our internal leadership team and all staff in the delivery, execution and accountability of the health unit's electronic records repository and health information management systems. This influential leadership position reports directly to the Director of Corporate Services and Human Resources. Working collaboratively with all health unit teams, the successful candidate will ensure that processes and systems are in place to safeguard and ensure confidentiality of client information and that our health information management systems meet applicable legislative, prescribed regulations and standards to minimize organizational risk.
As a highly motivated and engaging leader, the successful candidate will demonstrate effective communication, leadership and exceptional people management skills complemented by strong problem solving and change management expertise.
As a hands-on, organized individual, the Manager, Health Information Management, will coordinate and manage the development and maintenance of SWPH's records repository and information management systems. This includes ensuring SWPH's records management policy and procedures, classification and retention schedule are adhered to. Work will also include creating new and innovative processes to ensure systems are designed to facilitate the access of information in an efficient, effective and controlled manner.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management;
- Certification with the Canadian College of Health Information Management (CCHIM) is required;
- An active member of the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA);
- Minimum two years experience in a leadership role in a health care environment;
- Ability to manage competing demands and meet challenging timelines;
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal teams, peers and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated shared leadership, team development, collaboration and facilitation skills coupled with superior interpersonal, relationship and communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to plan and develop program and project goals and objectives;
- Demonstrated change management resulting in staff adoption, improved efficiencies and effectiveness;
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards and legislation related to management in a healthcare organization;
- Strong demonstrated knowledge and understanding of privacy and confidentiality within a health care environment;
- Experience working with Laserfiche and clinic related information management systems would be considered an asset.
To apply, please visit www.swpublichealth.ca/careers, click "Apply Now" and submit your resume and cover letter in one document file by June 11, 2021. Please note: New applicants will need to create an online account to apply.
Southwestern Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment process and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
For further information about the Southwestern Public Health Unit and the community we serve, please visit us at www.swpublichealth.ca
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.