Part-Time Medical SecretaryFor more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions. Today, with four busy clinics in three of London’s most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of marginalized women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for people who are at the margins in our community. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have innovated new ways to continue to support our staff and clients through this difficult time with minimal interruption to our service delivery.
About the Position
The London InterCommunity Health Centre seeks a part-time Medical Secretary to join our Client Care Support Team. The Medical Secretary will greet all callers and visitors, provide accurate information, and direct inquiries to the appropriate personnel as well as offer administrative support for providers including scheduling appointments, chart management, and reception. This individual must be able to troubleshoot a range of requests, prioritize urgency and find resources unavailable at LIHC. The ideal candidate plays a key role in maintaining the overall welcoming tone of the reception area and responds effectively to problems and difficult situations that may arise. As the first point of contact for clients of the Health Centre, the Medical Secretary must be sensitive to the barriers that many individuals face when accessing health care services. This position involves a high regard for confidentiality and understanding. The successful candidate will act with professionalism and courtesy toward clients, the general public and colleagues, and will demonstrate the integral qualities of excellent customer service in order to provide high quality care aligned with the values of the Health Centre.This part-time position typically works Monday to Friday, 22.5 hours per week, with some evening and weekend flexibility required.Required Qualifications:
- Medical Office Assistant Diploma or three (3) years experience working in a busy medical environment
- Excellent communication skills and experience handling a busy multi-line telephone system
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and prioritize competing demands with little supervision
- Ability to work professionally and purposefully with clients, colleagues and community members within a busy, interdisciplinary setting
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, and non-judgement
Nice to Haves:
- Awareness and understanding of the social determinants of health and experience working within a health promotion framework
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (Telus Practice Solutions Suite currently in use)
- Strong computer skills, including the use of MS Office Products
What’s in it for you:With a strong focus on employee well-being and development, the Health Centre is proud to support our staff with a well-structured compensation plan:
- French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve
How to Apply:If you feel you are the right person for this role, please send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com, stating the position title in the subject line of the email. Please also indicate in the body of the email where you learned of this opportunity (our website, Indeed.ca, professional association employment boards, post-secondary institution employment boards, etc.). *With consideration for the COVID-19 pandemic, we can only accept applications by email at this time. Those selected for interview will be contacted and interviews will be conducted using Zoom. If this technology presents a barrier, arrangements can be made to best suit the needs of the applicant.*Submissions will only be accepted until June 20, 2021.
- A competitive salary
- 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Participation in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Paid sick and emergency time to tend to self and family care
- Paid vacation time
- Paid time to promote mental well-being
- Paid professional development time and funds to support your career goals
- Numerous interdisciplinary training opportunities to promote growth in your role
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve.
Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook - London InterCommunity Health Centre.