Project Assistant - Communities Support
For more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to
those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex
and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions. Today, with four busy clinics in three
of London’s most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer
health, care of marginalized women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the
advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for people who are at the margins in our
community. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have innovated new ways to continue to support our
staff and clients through this difficult time with minimal interruption to our service delivery.
About the Position
Our growing team is in need of a project assistant who is strong in administrative and event coordination with experience coordinating projects remotely.
Reporting to the Manager of Strategy, Quality and Governance, the successful applicant will primarily support various project managers on long-term initiatives with routine functions such as meeting coordination and data collection.
The initial focus of the role offers a unique opportunity to closely support a National Community of Practice of a clinical harm-reduction focus; participants of which are located remotely throughout North America, and will include coordination of a national conference event.
Additionally, this role will provide corporate services that contribute to employee and program support which could include expense coordination, grant proposals, and resource management.
General administrative support also includes room booking, supply ordering, data entry, report creation, travel arrangements, remote meeting moderation, event planning assistance, and scheduling complex meetings.
This full-time position typically works Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, in a hybrid schedule of
onsite work at our Downtown London location, and work from home.Required Qualifications
• 3 years of experience supporting administrative functions within a busy office environment;
• 1-2 years in stakeholder relations and event planning assistance;
• Experience with grant and report writing;
• Completion of post-secondary education in business administration or related field;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
• Ability to communicate proficiently with tact and diplomacy with both internal and external partners;
• Understanding and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
• Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, and non-judgement.Preferred Qualifications
• 1-2 years experience supporting within a community agency or within work exposed to healthcare, harm reduction, and/or mental health;
• Experience coordinating small-scale projects and events;
• Experience with other software applications including databases, Adobe PDF applications;
• The ability to work remotely with reliable access to internet service, with support from the employer.Nice to Haves
• French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve.What’s in it for you
With a strong focus on employee well-being and development, LIHC is proud to support our staff with a well-structured compensation plan. This initial contract for approx. 2 years of employment includes:
• A competitive salary with a starting range of $21-$23 per hour
• 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
• Participation in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
• Paid time off for sick and emergency time to tend to self and family care, vacation time, and mental wellbeing
• Numerous cross-training opportunities to promote growth in your roleHow to Apply
If you feel you are the right person for this role, please send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com
, stating the position title in the subject line of the email. If possible, please also indicate in the body of the email where you are applying from (our website, Indeed.ca, professional association employment boards, post-secondary institution employment boards, etc.).
*With consideration for the COVID-19 pandemic, we can only accept applications by email at this time. Those selected for interview will be contacted and interviews will be conducted using Zoom. If this technology presents a barrier, arrangements can be made to best suit the needs of the applicant.*
Submissions will only be accepted until June 20, 2021.
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve.
Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre.