Facilitator, Seniors WrapAround
For more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions. Today, with four busy clinics in three of London’s most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of marginalized women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for people who are at the margins in our community. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have innovated new ways to continue to support our staff and clients through this difficult time with minimal interruption to our service delivery.
About the Position
The London InterCommunity Health Centre seeks a dedicated and passionate individual who is interested in working with seniors facing challenges accessing health and social services. Our goal is to support seniors and their families to identify needs and access supports that will help them live at home in dignity and good health for as long as possible. Using a process called WrapAround; facilitators work with seniors and their caregivers to identify needs that profoundly isolated and vulnerable seniors may have that affect their ability to live at home safely, independently, and in good health. Facilitators help seniors and their caregivers develop the capacity to work together as a team in order to problem solve, identify and implement solutions to meet those needs.This full-time position typically works Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, with some evening and weekend flexibility required.
- Postsecondary education in Social Sciences or related field from a recognized institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in a community setting
- Experience developing and implementing outreach strategies to engage a culturally diverse senior community
- Ability to develop effective relationships with seniors and support them in identifying and accessing needed services
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, and non-judgement
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of the issues related to accessing health services faced by seniors dealing with poverty and isolation
- Working knowledge of the Social Determinants of Health as well as the Wraparound process
- Experience working within a Health Promotion framework
- Excellent research skills for identifying resources in the community and the ability to develop relationships with local service providers
What’s in it for you:With a strong focus on employee well-being and development, the Health Centre is proud to support our staff with a well-structured compensation plan:
- French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve
How to Apply:If you feel you are the right person for this role, please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position title in the subject line of the email. Please also indicate in the body of the email where you learned of this opportunity (our website, Indeed.ca, professional association employment boards, post-secondary institution employment boards, etc.). *With consideration for the COVID-19 pandemic, we can only accept applications by email at this time. Those selected for interview will be contacted and interviews will be conducted using Zoom. If this technology presents a barrier, arrangements can be made to best suit the needs of the applicant.*Submissions will only be accepted until June 20, 2021.
- A competitive salary
- 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Participation in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Paid sick and emergency time to tend to self and family care
- Paid vacation time
- Paid time to promote mental well-being
- Paid professional development time and funds to support your career goals
- Numerous interdisciplinary training opportunities to promote growth in your role
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve.
Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook - London InterCommunity Health Centre.