Posting Date: June 9, 2021
Closing Date: June 21, 2021
Location: London office (Middlesex), may provide occasional support to Elgin and Oxford
Status: Full-Time permanent, 35 hours per week, occasional evening and weekend work required.
The receptionist will act as the hub of the office and the first point of contact for visitors and calls. You have a passion for helping others and are able to communicate with good judgment, sensitivity and tact. You always know what is going on with office-related operations. You possess the necessary skills to assist in maintaining the office’s administrative needs. You are a natural with computers, phone systems and databases; your written and verbal communication skills are first-rate.Organizational Overview: The Alzheimer Society Southwest Partners actively supports families and individuals affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. We advocate for and provide support services, education, and funding for research for those affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Our Vision:A world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.Our Mission:To alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia’s and to promote research.Our Values:Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.Qualifications:
Immediate Supervisor: Manager of Office Administration Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Post-Secondary Education (Administrative /Secretarial)
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in an administrative / reception role
- Able to work within an environment that requires a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Exceptional ability to focus, multi-task, and follow-up with accuracy and efficiency
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Power Point, Word, Outlook and Excel with strong keyboarding skills (60wpm)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational abilities
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Police Check screening required
Evaluation & Other Responsibilities:
- First point of contact for phone calls and visitors, greeting and welcoming in a professional, friendly manner
- Uses discretion in referring visitors / calls to the appropriate staff; directs callers and visitors to the appropriate resources as necessary.
- Assists in COVID-19 screening and safety processes, monitors PPE supply
- Receive deliveries; sort and distribute incoming mail
- Manages mail and courier services, ordering supplies, office filing, assists in maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings
- Liaison for IT contractor, office equipment suppliers, and telecommunications provider
- Assists in managing and preparing deposits of incoming donations and other revenue sources
- Contributes to the upkeep of the Resource Centre
- Updates and maintains the office master files and related databases
- Assists in donation data entry and receipting as/when required
- Assists with special events and meetings as required
- Other related duties as requested by the Supervisor, Director or CEO
Working Conditions:Office Setting. General office duties, typing, filing, occasional lifting / carrying 25lbs, reaching, bending, walking, sitting, and standing (standing desk provided). Freedom of movement throughout the day. Some travel required.*This will be an in-office position and will require consistent wearing of proper PPE and completing education in proper Public Health guidelines surrounding PPE and Covid-19 protocols. If you meet these qualifications, please submit a cover letter and resume in pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org (with the job title listed in the subject line). As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need. All applicants will be screened based on receiving a complete application package and according to the qualifications listed in the posting. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- As an employee of a non-profit organization, you are expected to participate in fund development activities as required.
- Annual performance review with Manager of Office Administration and Director of Operations