Riverbend Academy is a private, independent school with the mission to change the face of education. Our focus on character, creativity, and confidence develop students who excel in academics and successfully navigate life. Our knowledge-based curriculum expands on the Ontario curriculum to establish strong foundations of knowledge in our students. Our curriculum also focuses on the fundamentals of mathematics, grammar and phonics to give students the building blocks to anchor their expanded knowledge. Finally, our Real Life Skills Program fills in the gaps of the Ontario curriculum with essential life skills that give our students the tools they need to excel in their school and adult life.
Are you passionate about teaching French and Spanish in exciting, innovative ways? Do you pride yourself in making your lessons fun and engaging for students from JK to Grade 8? Riverbend Academy is seeking an energetic, creative, dynamic teacher to expand our Language curriculum to include French and Spanish. Our language curriculum has an emphasis on practical, spoken language but also includes a written component. This is a part-time position of 4 days per week/16 hours a week. Lunch is also included.
• Manage and educate students in a classroom setting in the subjects of French and Spanish as a second language
• Develop and implement engaging, fun lesson plans
• Maintain positive relationships with students and parents
• Document and share student grades and evaluations
• Maintain the health and safety of all students
• Fluency in French and Spanish
• Previous experience in teaching or other educational fields
• Strong classroom management skills
• Ability to build rapport with students
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership qualities
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include salary expectations with your cover letter.