Who We Are
As an employer of choice, Sifton Properties Limited is a family owned and operated company that has been in business for over 95 years. We have a family-based culture where we trust, understand, support and care about each other. As team members, we are committed to making someone’s day better, through our collaboration, innovation and communications.
If this sounds like you – Consider joining our team today! Apply here.
About the Role
- Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Outside Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision of the Outside Maintenance team in executing day to day maintenance, snow removal, landscaping, exterior repairs, property inspections, contractor service provisions and ensuring the customer experience meets the SPL customer service philosophy.
- The Outside Maintenance Supervisor will maintain current knowledge of all aspects of exterior maintenance including turf grass, trees, shrubs, flowers, below ground sewers and water mains, eaves troughs, soffit, fascia, downspouts, minor roof repairs, fences, retaining walls, basement repairs and sprinkler systems.
- In addition this position will coordinate work orders for outside work. Ensure that completed work orders are retained for record keeping.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in landscape construction and exterior building maintenance which may include retaining walls, concrete replacement, drainage, below ground sewers and water mains, fences, basement repairs, sprinkler systems, redevelopment of gardens and related activities.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience supervising a team with the support of their manager.
- A thorough knowledge of plant materials, pruning, weeding, trimming techniques and common landscaping cutting and maintenance practices.
- Experience with energy, waste and green technologies in building management is an asset.
- Proven success with customer relationship management and positive approach to insuring high level of customer satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act, Fire Code, and Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and/or Property Management software applications and digital property management protocols.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and other related computer programs.
- Ability to work independently when required but also within a group of others such as Leasing agents, Maintenance teams and Administrative teams.
- Collaborative supervisory skills with an ability to motivate, coach, direct and demonstrate the work required of Building Managers, and Maintenance teams.
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with a positive tone both verbally and written.
- Ability to manage time effectively, demonstrate flexibility and prioritize workload.
- Available for on-call as needed.
What We Can Offer You
Collaboration: You are set up for success with training/mentoring in your new team
Engagement: You will work in partnership with our Supervisors/Managers to build strong tenant/resident/customer experience skills.
Programs: Unique rewards and recognition program throughout the company.
Connections: Experience our company events and team engagement programs.
Celebrations: Milestones are important to us as part of our team with special events.
Unique for you: Employee Assistance Program to support your confidentially in all that matters to you.
Other perks include: discounted uniforms/other work wear items/discounted clothing for special events and discounted product offerings throughout our network.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Sifton Properties would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.