We are looking for a Production Supervisor with at least 3 years of supervisory experience to oversee our production operations. You’ll guarantee that production remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees and organizing workflows.
In a fast paced environment like production, the supervisor is an integral part of the process. You must meet performance and safety standards, comprehend complex operations and provide a safe work environment for employees.
Reporting to the Production Manager you will be responsible for:
- Meet performance standards related to Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) and will provide a safe work environment for employees within the department while working with the H&S team to develop identify hazards and prevent incidents.
- Accountable to the company’s KPI’s; Health and Safety, Food Safety, Quality, Waste Rate and Run Rates.
- Ensure food safety is communicated throughout the production process
- Ensure quality output is achieved via adherence to recipes and specifications, reducing the number of customer complaints.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment.
- Help gather information to continuously improve preventative maintenance schedules on industrial equipment.
- Work to reduce the amount of production disposal costs due to preventable production errors to meet and exceed waste reduction targets.
- Manage the department’s optimal use of materials, machinery and labour efficiently to meet run rate targets.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve processes and create sustainable success and longevity.
- Key member of the leadership team who will contribute to the success of Dr. Oetker.
- Support the Production Manager as needed.
- Management may at its discretion reassign you to a different department based on operational need.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Mechanical Engineer diploma would be consider an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- Experience in a unionized and/or food manufacturing environment would be consider an asset.
- Experience supervising a team
- Experience working with SAP or similar systems
Attributes and Competencies
- Strong knowledge on KPI’s, Health and Safety, Food Safety, Quality, HACCP, Waste Rate and Run Rates.
- Intimate knowledge in Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR)
- Excellent leadership, change management, organization and problem solving skills.
- Sound judgement, independent and critical thinking and ability to make difficult and time sensitive decisions.
- Excellent conflict resolutions skills, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to work according to tight schedules and timelines, managing process flow and function well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Strong written verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and the leadership team.
If you are interested in this role and joining the Dr. Oetker family, click here to apply.