PHSS is a non-profit, community-based organization providing assistance to people with significant physical and/or developmental disabilities, allowing them to reach their full potential in the community. We are committed to encouraging and creating an inclusive community where individuals with disabilities have access to all the community has to offer and are included in a valued and meaningful way.
We are seeking a Payroll and Benefits Administrator. If you are looking for a diverse, challenging, and interesting role in a growing, dynamic, and innovative organization, we have the job for you!
• Responsible for the preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll for 600+ employees; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other payroll deductions
• Coordinate efforts between payroll and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data, including preparation and distribution of required reports
• Handle administration of the new electronic timekeeping system including employee set-up; monitor submissions of approved timesheets, and ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service
• Establish/maintain employee records, ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis
• Monitor the payroll email; answer questions and handle employee requests for payouts, employment verification letters etc.
• Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies
• Act as the main contact for Service Canada in responding to enquiries
• Complete all payroll-related Statistics Canada surveys
• Maintain the employee files
• Follow all payroll policies and procedures
• Manage employee enrolments, eligibility, and changes for the employee benefits plan
• Keep updated employee records with all relevant information (marital status, years of service, hours worked etc.)
• Collaborate with accounting department for payments and deductions of employee paid benefit premiums
• College diploma or University degree in Payroll, Human Resources
• Canadian Payroll Association certification will be considered an asset
• Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulations
• Three or more years of experience performing all payroll and payroll-related functions
• Experience with employee benefits administration
• Excellent MS Word, Excel, Access skills
• Strong math skills
• Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an automated payroll system
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
• Excellent problem solving skills and judgment
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong organizational skills and able to work under pressure
• Great people skills!
• Able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
• Experience with accounting and payroll software (ADP Workforce Now; SAGE)
Submit application to: email@example.com
- Attention Postings “Payroll and Benefits Administrator”