Who We Are
As an employer of choice, Sifton Properties Limited is a family owned and operated company that has been in business for over 95 years. We have a family-based culture where we trust, understand, support and care about each other. As team members, we are committed to making someone’s day better, through our collaboration, innovation and communications.
This is a part time position with benefits - 60 hours bi-weekly.
If this sounds like you – Consider joining our team today! Apply here.
About the Role
- The Maintenance Assistant completes repairs and preventative maintenance within the Residence.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, practices and philosophies. Works in accordance with all industry and regulatory compliance agencies, the Ontario Retirement Communities Association, The Retirement Homes Act 2010 and O. Reg 166/1, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario Fire Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and other pertinent legislated regulations/ standards.
- Maintains confidentiality with respect to resident and operational Residence matters, exercises courtesy, good judgment and concern for the safety and wellbeing of residents and visitors.
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 or equivalent. Training/knowledge in plumbing, electrical work, painting and minor repairs.
- Three to five years related experience.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with HVAC systems, preventative maintenance programs.
- The ability to understand and perform duties effectively, communicate any pertinent issues regarding residents and their care and work accurately and quickly.
- Self-directed and team-oriented, with proficient organizational and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be committed to multi-disciplinary team work and demonstrate an ability to work through collaboration, joint decision making and integrated strategies.
- Must successfully complete a Police Records Check and disclose any convictions, charges, restraining orders, probation orders and/or warrants during the course of employment that affect in any way the clear Police Records Check.
- Must provide a Tuberculosis Skin Test (TST) document or Medical Note from Physician stating free from infectious disease.
- Familiar with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
What We Can Offer You
Collaboration: You are set up for success with training/mentoring in your new team
Engagement: You will work in partnership with our Supervisors/Managers to build strong tenant/resident/customer experience skills.
Programs: Unique rewards and recognition program throughout the company.
Connections: Experience our company events and team engagement programs.
Celebrations: Milestones are important to us as part of our team with special events.
Unique for you: Employee Assistance Program to support your confidentially in all that matters to you.
Other perks include: discounted uniforms/other work wear items/discounted clothing for special events and discounted product offerings throughout our network.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Sifton Properties would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.