MCFBedard Group Inc. currently has an opening for a Pricing & Renewal Analyst. This role supports our clients’ financial and strategic management of their Employee Benefits & Group Retirement Programs. The Pricing & Renewal Analyst will work independently to prioritize and balance a personal workload to meet critical deadlines and target dates for our clients. We are seeking someone who is committed, reliable, professional and can build strong relationships with our internal Staff Members, external Insurance Company Partners, and long-term Corporate Clients.Job Title:
Pricing & Renewal AnalystEmployment Type:
London, Ontario in office Corporate PositionResponsibilities:
• Financial data entry for Renewals and Marketings (i.e., Claims Experience, Rate History, Demographic Data, etc.) including completing activities in our broker management system.
• Reviewing group insurance contracts, agreements, and employee booklets.
• Keeping up-to-date knowledge of the Employee Benefits industry and Insurtech technology.
• Generate insights into the claim experience through obtaining data and analysis beyond that included in the normal renewal package from underwriting, integrating this information with any applicable client provided knowledge on applicable policy periods.
• Examine and prepare renewal data and claims experience, identifying year-over-year trends or external benchmark comparisons, prepare financial projections and negotiate proposed renewal rates with the insurance company.
• Perform basic or complex calculations including more in-depth analysis require additional research and discussions with respect to the costs of our clients’ current employee benefit plans, including use of internal tools to price plan designs and prepare future cost projections.
• Collaboratively work with Insurance Company Head Office Management & Underwriters to develop the renewal strategy supporting the pricing rationale to delivering impactful solutions for organizations of any size and varied industries.
• Conducting market reviews seeking quotations; including preparing and submitting specifications to underwriters, answering underwriter questions, reviewing, and analyzing proposals from insurance carriers (rates, plan design, target loss ratios, etc.) providing report and recommendations.
• Manage client transition process both for new clients and for current clients changing insurers.
• Responds to general client inquiriesQualifications:
• Must have the aptitude for mathematics, data analysis and formula calculations.
• Handle and maintain information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
• Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to provide a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to plan, organize and schedule in an efficient and productive manner. Keeping focus on key priorities and able to stay on track to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
• Quick learner with the ability to work without direct supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal, telephone etiquette and communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to write brief and diplomatic correspondence.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Teams. Ability to learn new software programs quickly.
• Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people at all levels, from Entry-Level to Executives at the C-Suite Level, of both the Insurance Companies and Corporate Clients.
• Ability to accept direction from multiple levels of management.
• Previous experience working with the general public is an asset.
• Applicants who do not have the industry experience but have the required education and skills will also be considered.
• Completion of a College Diploma, University Degree, or equivalent work experience.
• Willingness to take on tasks or assignments as needed.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Company:
MCFBedard Group Inc.Address:
465 Richmond Street, Suite 200, London, ON N6A 5P4Website:
www.mcfbedard.com Hour Per Week:
35 Hours Per Week
Monday to Friday
9:00 am to 5:00 pmStarting Salary:
To be discussed at interviewJob Start Date:
August 31, 2021Posting Deadline:
September 8, 2021
We are a company that values team members personally and professionally. We want to find the right fit for our team. If you’re a dynamic, organized professional ready to play a key role in our organization, MCFBedard Group Inc., has an exciting opportunity for you.To Apply:
If this appears to be a career position that interests you, please forward your Cover Letter & Resume to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Fax: 519-690-1463 and state “Pricing & Renewal Analyst” in the subject line.About Us:
MCFBedard Group Inc. has been in business since 1996 (25 years), specializing in Employee Benefits Insurance, Group Pension Plans & Consulting. We work with Clients that are locally owned to worldwide, privately held or publicly traded, and have between 3 to 3,000 Employees. MCFBedard represents and works with every Major Employee Benefits, Group Retirement/Pension and Life Insurance Company in Canada.
We thank everyone who applies to the Pricing & Renewal Analyst role; However, due to the
volume of applicants we may receive, we are only able to contact candidates who have been
selected for an interview.