We heard you knock!
Masonite is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of interior doors and entry door systems.
At Masonite, we believe every door is a connection, and we’ve been building better ones for more than 80 years. Still we continue to evolve. Today we’re meeting new market demands and applying research with the latest technologies to accelerate innovation and expand our offerings.
We are looking for a Sr. Electrician/Maintenance Technician/Maintenance Supervisor who will implement a preventative maintenance program, trouble-shoot and provide support for existing and new machines. This is a hands-on position.
- Perform production equipment relocations and repairs, including electrical, mechanical, and ventilation work. Coordinate sub-trades as required by licensing and codes.
- Implement total preventative maintenance program and support lean manufacturing while maximizing production.
- Provide input for selection of appropriate manufacturing equipment to ensure the most cost efficient/reliable solution is available within company budget guidelines.
- Identify opportunities to reduce maintenance and energy costs.
- Work closely with Production to establish and implement maintenance program.
- Assist production with tooling, fixtures and material handling equipment.
- Survey building and repair electro/mechanical systems to ensure they function properly and are consistent with health and safety standards.
- Perform all work consistent with building codes, Ontario Reg 851 for Industrial Establishments, the Ontario Electrical Codes and other relevant regulations.
- Inspect alarm systems (fire/protection) and arrange repairs when needed.
- Conduct general building up-keep.
- Assist in annual maintenance and capital budget preparation.
- Comply with and promote all EHS required programs including mandatory training in programs such as confined spaces, LOTO and hot work.
- Must be a Licensed Electrician
- Two (2) year technical degree or two (2) year minimum experience in electrical, mechanical, industrial / manufacturing setting.
- Two (2) years prior experience working with and repairing machinery such as CNC machines, PLC systems and other technologically advanced equipment is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Subject matter expert (SME) on all Electrical, Mechanical and Ventilation work.
- Ability to multi-task & handle tasks with competing priorities.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Microsoft office programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, and implement a strategy under crisis situations to ensure compliance.
Masonite is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We would like to hear from you! Please submit a Resume to Posting # 122494 via www.Masonite.com
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.