PHSS Medical and Complex Care in Community (Formerly Participation House Support Services) is looking for caring, dynamic and responsive support workers to add to our teams! We are currently looking for team members who are able to work evenings and weekends.
PHSS is a non-profit, community-based organization providing assistance to people with significant physical and/or developmental disabilities to reach their full potential in the community. It is committed to encouraging and creating an inclusive community where individuals with disabilities have access to all the community has to offer and are included in a valued and meaningful way.
If you do not have the education outlined below we do offer an apprenticeship program with Fanshawe College for interested candidates.
- Carry out personal care duties.
- Complete daily living, recreational and all programming as required.
- Health, personal care and behavioral programming must be completed.
- Work as a positive team member and report directly to the coordinators and assistant coordinators.
- Carry out cleaning and duties as required to maintain a clean and safe environment within and outside the home.
- Ensure the well being of the individuals, emergency procedures.
- Carry out policy and procedures of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have current First Aid & CPR
- D.S.W, S.S.W, B.A., and/or related experience
- Up to date and clear police check & vulnerable sector check
- Flexible schedule, afternoons overnight and weekend shifts and ability to pick up on call
- Proven ability to cope with and properly handle emergencies
- Knowledge of the emergency system and protocols
- Must be able to assist persons exiting during an emergency, within the accepted time frame (3 minutes)
- Desire and proven ability to work as an effective team member
- Strong Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to problem-solve through high stress, medical situations
- Experience working with individuals with high medical needs (trac, vents, etc.)
- Successful record of following medication procedures
- A history of effective, responsible, and respectful support work.
- Ability to provide awake support if needed by the consumer
- Proven ability to remain calm in very stressful situations
- Knowledge and ability to perform maintenance and housekeeping of home.
- Good organizational and time management skills
Interested candidates are to submit a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.