The person in this position is responsible for leading communications and supporting a variety of project and committee activities on behalf of the Association, working closely with the Executive Director and the Community Futures networks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of all website and social media content including analytics and outreach strategy implementation, interaction with technical support and vendors
- Coordination and implementation of social media strategy and content with the 4 Ontario CF networks and the national network, promoting common CF branding
- Recommending adjustments to outreach strategy based on social media analytics
- Acting as resource to CF Network of Canada communications activities
- Responding to public information queries
- Sourcing content and producing monthly e-newsletters, posting announcements and initiatives, providing government relations communications content
- Planning, organizing and coordination of the annual conference including workshops and plenary sessions, speakers, facilities, trade show, sponsors and related activities
- Providing support to committees, and in particular with the professional development committee to identify annual training needs
- Coordinating translation services, sourcing promotional items
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in preparing materials for web and social media, and in support to various committees
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines, e.g. developing strategies to organize and complete month-end responsibilities such as statistics, newsletter, social media and web posts, upcoming social media calendar, public, members and committee needs/inquiries.
- Post-secondary education in a related program, e.g., Communications and Public Relations or equivalent
- Ability, familiarity or proficiency in use of software applications such as Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel, Adobe Editor, video editing software, Canva, Hootsuite, Joomla web content management system.
- Demonstrate excellence in customer service and relationship management
- Experience in a member’s association in a not-for-profit sector environment
- Self-starter, proactive and organized
- Ability to work as a team player and also independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate proficiency in responding to inquiries and preparing/reviewing text
- Ability to travel, use of own vehicle, valid driver’s license
- Working remotely from the CF Ontario office occasionally may be an option
- French language skills are deemed a valuable asset