Since 1949, TVCC has been working with children and youth to help them reach their full potential. Today, a wide range of services and supports are provided for young people with physical disabilities, communication disorders, developmental delays and autism spectrum disorders to support them in attaining the best available quality of life and health. In partnership with local and regional agencies, TVCC annually serves more than 9,000 children, youth and their families from birth to age 19 across Southwestern Ontario in over 700 locations.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time (37.5 hours per week) Computer Support Technician.
Reporting to the Manager, The Computer Support Technician is part of our dynamic Computer Support team, providing helpdesk support and expertise to staff throughout the organization. If you are a self-motivated and creative problem solver who enjoys a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
The designated office for the position is London. Occasional travel to our various locations throughout Southwestern Ontario will be required.
- Participate on the Helpdesk support team troubleshooting and resolving user support issues by phone, email, in-person and using remote-control tools
- Provide technical support for various applications and hardware
- Configure PCs with the required core environment software, printer setup and practice-specific software
- Install and configure new software, updates and patches
- Troubleshoot various hardware issues with PCs, printers, scanners, etc.
- Manage hardware support and inventory management
- Coordinate the shipping and tracking of computer hardware to external vendors for repair
- Be responsible for maintaining and managing the computer, printer and supply inventory
- Provide computer and application training one-on-one to new hires
- Create, document and facilitate topic-specific group training sessions
- Participate in various IT projects as required
- Liaise and support the extended Information Technology team
- Perform various other duties as required
- College diploma in Information Technology (IT) required
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience in a Helpdesk role;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret and/or discuss information with clients, which involves terminology or concepts not always familiar to them.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work in a busy environment
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Interest in continuous learning
- Aptitude for learning and adhering to existing standardized policies, processes and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Interest in user needs and in providing high quality of customer service
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a vehicle.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (as an attachment in .pdf or Word format) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 3, 2021. In the subject line of your email, please indicate the position you are interested in. To learn more about TVCC, please visit our website at www.tvcc.on.ca.
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TVCC is committed to making our recruitment and selection process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.