Who We Are
As an employer of choice, Sifton Properties Limited is a family owned and operated company that has been in business for over 95 years. We have a family-based culture where we trust, understand, support and care about each other. As team members, we are committed to making someone's day better, through our collaboration, innovation and communications. If this sounds like you consider joining our team today! Apply here.
About the Role
- The Controller controls and maintains all accounting records, systems and procedures within the Accounting department related to Sifton Properties Limited and all of its outside interests and to ensure accurate and prompt completion of all accounting records and financial reports including the internal monthly, consolidated quarterly and complete year-end financial statements.
- Accurate and timely preparation and distribution of the financial statements and reports for Sifton Properties Limited and all of its outside interests including all applicable reconciliations. The financial statements and underlying books of entry will in all cases adhere to the Company's accounting policies, systems, legislation of all Government regulatory bodies and to generally accepted accounting principles established for our industry and to the guidelines laid down by the senior management of the Company.
- The Controller will obtain the required knowledge of the Company's activities to enable the complete monitoring and supervision of all of the accounting activities to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all related accounting records.
- Responsible for the direct day to day supervision, education, training and direction of all of the activities of the supervised personnel in the department.
Experience & Qualifications
- Accounting designation in a program as an indication for knowledge level required.
- Seven to ten years experience in a multi-system environment including all aspects of account analysis, reconciliation and financial statement preparation and review.
- Exposure to all clerical functions in a Head Office type atmosphere including payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Supervisory experience including good communication skills.
- Ability to remain current and abreast of changes within the accounting profession.
- Computer experience both system-wide and PC with advanced knowledge in Excel.
What We Can Offer You
At Sifton Properties Limited, our goal is to support our employees through strong Health and Safety programs to support everyone to live, work, and play in healthy work locations and the larger community. We have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to protect the health and well-being of our employees within all of our business locations. Employees joining our team are required to meet the pre- employment condition either to be fully vaccinated or undergoing the process of completing their vaccination prior to accessing the workplace.
Collaboration: You are set up for success with training/mentoring in your new team
Engagement: You will work in partnership with our Supervisors/Managers to build strong tenant/resident/customer experience skills.
Programs: Unique rewards and recognition program throughout the company.
Connections: Experience our company events and team engagement programs.
Celebrations: Milestones are important to us as part of our team with special events.
Unique for you: Employee Assistance Program to support your confidentially in all that matters to you.
Other perks include: discounted uniforms/other work wear items/discounted clothing for special events and discounted product offerings throughout our network.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Sifton Properties would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.