The Staffing Specialist (Recruiter)
is a member of the Human Resources team and is responsible for full-cycle recruiting of all positions from sourcing and engaging diverse talent through the various stages of the hiring process to closing and securing the right person for the role. The Staffing Specialist (Recruiter) will leverage their expertise in sourcing strategies to create a healthy pipeline of talent across all departments and be instrumental in scaling the company’s talent strategy.Company
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do. Position Overview:
- Collaborate with hiring managers to develop an understanding of their areas of operation
- Assist hiring managers in the development of targeted placement of job postings to attract and hire qualified candidates
- Expand Motif’s list of job posting sites/boards/associations and partnerships specific to the various positions within the company (trade schools, colleges, universities, associations, Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Brand Motif as a “Great Place to Work”
- Develop a healthy pipeline of candidates for all roles at Motif using creative methods (think outside of the box)
- Provide content for our social media presence to engage potential candidates along with any other recruiting materials
- Participate in special projects or recruiting events/trade shows/conferences related to recruitment and/or the cannabis industry to source qualified candidates (2x/month)
- Provide hiring managers with a short list of candidates for first round interviews
- Conduct pre-screening initial interviews (phone interviews or in person)
- Arrange and schedule in person and remote interviews
- Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: All candidates are required to pass a criminal background check and provide a copy for employment at Motif. We thank all interested candidates. Only those whom we have selected for an interview will be contacted. COVID PROTOCOL:
- 3-5 years experience sourcing qualified candidates in a variety of roles within the manufacturing or food manufacturing industry (Sales, Business Development, Maintenance, Technicians, Production Associates)
- 2 years experience working with applicant tracking systems and/or HRIS (e.g. HUMI)
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel & Word)
- Ability to synthesize information quickly and efficiently
- PASSIONATE about Recruiting!
- Ability to build and maintain strong, productive relationships both internally and externally
- Strong time management skills including ability to multi-task and prioritize
This is a hybrid remote role where you will only need to be on site at our office 2x a week. Motif provides all required PPE and has continued all safety protocols: a well-fitted mask must be worn at all times while indoors in shared spaces and staff are to remain 2M+ apart, COVID screening must be completed every day prior to entering the facility and we are moving to mandatory vaccination status. HOW TO APPLY: YOU MUST submit your resume and cover letter to Motif Labs careers page at: www.motiflabs.ca to be considered.
Please note you must be 19 years of age to both enter our website and work for our company. We thank all interested applicants but only those who have been selected for interview will be contacted.