Food Production Operator (Bakery)
Reports to the Production ManagerWho We Are
Unbun Foods is a grain-free, low carb & gluten-free bakery company. We strive to be the most innovative bakery company with a focus on clean, natural source ingredients. We don't use weird science experiment ingredients, but rather we opt for ingredients you can find in your pantry or local grocery store. We are committed to the cleanest ingredient decks in the industry.
Founded in 2018, the company has grown to over 3,500 retail and foodservice locations in less than 3 years. We make and sell an entire suite of products such as buns, bread, pizzas, tortillas and more!
Although we don't necessarily write the best job descriptions, we do make some amazing bread :)What You Do
- Control and manage equipment to mix, weigh and batch ingredients according to prescribed recipes and procedures
- Work efficiently and safely on the front of the production line
- Operate and monitor ovens to prepare baked goods
- Manually package baked goods and products according to food safety standards
- Check products and packages for basic quality defects
- Maintain hygiene, quality and safety standards
- Other duties as assigned
- An unstoppable work ethic
- A love for better-for-you and natural products
- Optimistic, positive attitude, and solution oriented
- Can scale from big picture to details and back again
- Excited about a true startup culture - fast paced, challenging, and fun
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job
- Reliable transportation and an excellent attendance record
Hours of Work and Conditions
- One year of food production experience is an asset
Wage & Benefits
- Factory setting
- Sitting, standing, leaning for extended periods of time
- Pushing, pulling or bending frequently
- Lifting up to 25lbs
- 40 hours per week (4 shifts at 10 hours each, 6:00am to 4:30pm or 8:30am to 7:00pm – Monday to Thursday, with occasional Friday shifts).
- Starting at $18.00/hour (to be determined based on experience)
- Paid Vacation
- Group Health Benefits
- $100 Safety Shoe/Boot Allowance Annually
- Healthy Snacks & Unbun Products
If you believe you are a fit for this role, please email your resume to email@example.com Unbun Foods is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation through the recruitment process, please notify us.
We thank you for your interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.