Ministry of Children and Family Development
Surrey, Langley, Delta
Child and Youth Mental Health Support Worker
$60,998.61 - $69,422.06 annually
Apply your expertise in a vital role where you can make a positive difference for children and families in British Columbia
The Child and Youth Mental Health Support Worker provides a range of mental health services to children, youth and families such as counselling support and education, contact with community agencies, and development of early intervention programs. This role also assists families and other relevant caregivers in methods of coping and management in relation to their child’s mental health condition, including parenting groups, stress management, problem solving, conflict resolution, effective communication, social skill enhancement, and other systems of care.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca or by phone: 778-698-1336.
Qualifications for this role include:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Child and Youth Care, or equivalent.
· Experience working in child and youth mental health services.
· Exposure to regular travel in remote locations.
· May be required to use own vehicle on an expense account basis.
· Will be subject to satisfactory reference check and criminal records review and policy record checks.
· Preference may be given for those candidates currently in Master’s Program of Social Work, Psychology or Child and Youth Care, or equivalent.
For more information, and to apply online by January 31, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/82269