Posting VCS #089
Vanier Children’s Services is a Southwestern Ontario leader in helping children and youth age 0 to 14 and their families with emotional and behavioural issues. For over 50 years, we have served London and surrounding communities in southwestern Ontario with compassionate, best-practice and innovative programs and services
Full Time – Child & Youth Counsellor Live-In Position
$43,888 - $53,018/annually
Families are our partners. Together, we provide supports to cildren to increase the likelihood that they will reach their full potential. Vanier works with the whole family's unique strengths, needs and culture.
Many of the children we help are reacting to overwhelming stresses within their lives like death, divorce, violence, neglect, or parents with mental health or substance abuse problems. Some are coping with genetic conditions and problems resulting from parenting.Position Summary:The Live-In Child & Youth Counsellor is responsible for providing a therapeutic and safe environment for the children in the Live-In program on a day-to-day basis. A member of a multi-disciplinary Vanier team, the Live-In Child & Youth Counsellor is responsible for carrying a primary care caseload.Education/Training/Abilities/Experience:
Desirable Qualifications:1. Circle of Security Training 4. Valid “G’ Driver’s License
- Community college diploma or university degree in child and youth work
- Demonstrated experience as a primary worker to include case conference facilitation, clinical report writing, coordination of multidisciplinary team and working with families/guardian
- Demonstrated experience working within a Live-In team.
- Good understanding of the treatment needs of high-risk children with multiple needs.
- Demonstrated crisis management skills.
- Must have Standard Red Cross First Aid/ CPR “C”, and P.M.A.B/Safe Management certification.
- Good understanding of trauma and impact on children; cognitive behaviour approach with children and youth; resiliency, solution focused/brief approaches, and Circle of Security.
- Experience in providing individual, group and parent counselling.
- Proven ability to communicate and demonstrate competent child management skills.
2. Trauma Training 5. Fluent in a language other than English or French (includes ASL)
3. Bilingual in French (written and verbal) 6. Knowledge in eating disordersApply in Writing with Curriculum Vitae to:
Vanier is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages women, Indigenous persons, persons with a disability and members of visible minority groups to apply.Vanier is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.While we appreciate your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.