POSITION SUMMARYThe Cutting Operator manually and with machinery cut metal to required size using flame or saw. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and will not incorporate all functions of the job.
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- Set up and operate machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, and/or straighten metal material
- Operate basic measuring equipment (tape measure, vernier calliper)
- De-burr both ends of cut material using a grinder
- Identify material by grade and size
- Safe operation of material handling equipment (lift truck, overhead crane)
- Torched faces must be burned square with plate face
- Experience setting up and operating machines to saw, cut, shear, and pattern burn material
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts and overtime
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!