Reporting to the Dean of Students and the Manager, King’s International, the successful applicant primary accountabilities are:
- Assisting the Manager with operational aspects of intercultural education and support programs for incoming international and exchange students and outgoing exchange students
- Advises on immigration questions (study permits, work visas, post-graduation work permits, and temporary resident visas) in accordance with the regulations of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and under the direction of a RISIA/RCIC certified professional
- Advises students and responds to international and intercultural student inquiries. Responds to student inquires in person or by phone, email, or social media.
- Assists with organization and implementation of international student services and exchange services programming including intercultural events, student staff training, student excursions, outgoing exchange information sessions, pre-departure sessions for students on experiential learning trips and international academic exchange including advising on risk management in collaboration with the Manager, King’s International and faculty leads.
- Provides information and support for academic course selection for incoming exchange students, consulting with partner university international coordinators and the King's Academic Dean’s Office when necessary. Advises incoming exchange students re course changes and course drops as necessary.
- Assists with service and promotional functions for International Student Services, Exchange/ Experiential learning, and Intercultural learning
- Responsible for overseeing the work of International Work Experience (I.W.E.) and Work/ Study (WS) employees, as well as student volunteers
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with King’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
The successful candidate must have:
TYPE OF JOB:
- A Bachelor’s degree, with international education components
- A minimum of two years of previous relevant experience
- Intercultural awareness and sensitivity
- Familiarity with higher education in Canada
- Experience with international student services or exchange programs or experiential learning
- Experience in program promotion, coordination and delivery
- Strong public speaking skills, presentation skills, written communication skills and organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office and Social Media is required
- Must have the ability and willingness to work some evenings, and weekends
- Previous experience supervising staff and/ or volunteers is preferred
- Knowledge of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) required
- RISIA or RCIC is preferred
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)EFFECTIVE DATE:
As soon as possibleSALARY RANGE:
PSG 10 - $56,085 - $70,225 per annum, dependent on experienceAPPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Submit a letter of application and resume. References required upon request. Please quote the Job Reference # in your application. Interested persons may apply to: Human Resources, King’s University College, 266 Epworth Avenue, London, Ontario, N6A 2M3. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job candidates will be asked to provide a satisfactory vulnerable persons police clearance within 3 months of hire date.
Job description available upon request.CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
June 29, 2022 @ 4:30pm
The College is committed to advancing the Catholic intellectual tradition and welcomes faculty, staff and students from all faiths and backgrounds.
King’s University College is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.
King’s University College is committed to recognizing the dignity and independence of all and seeks to ensure that persons with disabilities have genuine, open and unhindered access to the College’s employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 519-433-3491 for assistance.