Humana Community Services is currently seeking applicants to join our Finance team as a Manager of Finance. The successful candidate will provide oversight to the daily operations of the finance team and the employees and ensure that effective processes are employed across the organization to support appropriate and accepted accounting methods. They will be responsible to prepare regular financial statements, account reconciliations, budget projections, and participate in organizational audits. They will maintain a positive customer service approach with internal and external stakeholders at all times.
- Audit, monitor, and analyse information and provide reports on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of accounting practices, financial statements, and the accounting system in general
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations and adjusting entries to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance; consult with relevant team members about problems or discrepancies
- Prepare monthly funding reconciliations and special reports for individual funders, including statements of revenue and expenditures for various ministries
- Prepare and remit HST, including applicable charity rebates
- Assist in preparing annual budgets in consultation with directors and appropriate internal partners
- Provide financial information to non-financial managers in a clear and concise manner to ensure that program spending is in budget
- Assist with annual external audit process and preparation of supporting documents
- Completion of related post-secondary education; CPA designation in good standing is preferred
- Previous experience in business accounting, audit practices, and cost allocation 3+ years
- Experience with part 3 of the CPA Canada Handbook: “Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations”
- Experience with Sage 300 is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications; specifically Excel, Outlook
- Respectful, empathetic, and anti-oppressive communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with demonstrated customer service approach
- Ability to make independent decisions based on Policies & Procedures
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
Compensation: Starting wage $61,256 annually plus paid vacation time off, and comprehensive benefits package, including RRSP matching
Location: London, ON
Apply by: Sunday, April 9, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Submit resume and cover letter via email demonstrating your written communication skills. Indicate job reference number 999-032223-136 in the subject line and/or cover letter.
Submissions without job # might be missed.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Humana Community Services values diversity as an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process, please call 519.435.1099 x1106.