The London District Catholic School Board is currently accepting applications for:
Planning & Preparation Teachers
1.0 - Full Time
Successful candidates in these permanent teaching positions will be assigned to families of schools within the system as Planning & Preparation Teachers for the remainder of the 2022-23 school year. Travel between schools will be required. As permanent teachers, successful candidates will have access to permanent teacher postings for the upcoming school year and will be given board-initiated transfer status when securing an assignment for the 2023-24 year.
The London District Catholic School Board believes that recruiting and selecting Catholic teachers, who will serve the spiritual, academic, physical, emotional, aesthetic, and social needs of students, is of paramount importance.QUALIFICATIONS:
APPLICATION PROCESS (Deadline: April 17th at 4:00 pm)
- Must have a Bachelor of Education Degree and must be in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
- Primary/ Junior or Junior/Intermediate Qualifications required
- Successful elementary teaching experience preferred
- Teaching experience in a Catholic school system an asset
- Excellent knowledge of the Ontario Catholic Graduate Expectations, Ethical Standards for the Teaching Profession, and the Standards of Practice for the Teaching Profession
- Must be Catholic and be able to complete the Commitment to Catholic Education for Teachers Form
- Proficient knowledge & understanding of Ontario curriculum, evaluation & assessment techniques
- Must be current in understanding of research, integrating technology and best instructional practices
- Effective classroom management skills and ability to create a welcoming and safe, inclusive Catholic learning environment for all students
- Please ensure that your portfolio on Apply to Education ?includes an updated resume of qualifications and experience, Commitment to Catholic Education Form (the form can be found at ldcsb.ca under “Careers”), and the names and addresses of two referees, one of whom is your immediate supervisor.
- Apply Online
- Once you have submitted your application, send an email to email@example.com indicating your name, the date you submitted your application, phone number, the best times to contact you.
The LDCSB is one of the largest employers in the region, with more than 3,500 employees working together to educate approximately 24,000 students at 43 elementary schools and 9 secondary schools within Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.
The LDCSB is committed to equity and inclusion in the requirement of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspective and experiences and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements. Hiring decisions must respect the denominational rights of the school board.
The LDCSB is committed to providing accommodations. If you require accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted