What does Sunshine have to offer you?
Let’s talk about you! You are someone who:
- Reasonable work hours. Do you want to work Monday to Friday and have most of your weekends free? This position works Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5pm with only occasional flexibility needed for special events.
- Consistent salary. The range for this position is $41,000 to $51,500 per year with the opportunity for increases on a yearly basis.
- Physical and mental health benefits. Sunshine provides a comprehensive and competitive health, dental and Employee Assistance benefits program to support your health and well-being.
- Commitment to your growth and development. You will have a budget for personal development each year. Sunshine also provides internal training and ensures consistent coaching and development.
- Future financial security. Sunshine offers a group matching RSP program and provides life insurance.
- Fun work environment. No success is too small to celebrate! We also recognize the important life moments for our team. We have virtual and in-person events just for the fun of it.
- Experienced leadership team to work with as we build a strong strategy for growth.
- A compelling mission to make a difference in the lives of Canadian young people living with severe physical disabilities.
What will you do in this role? Reporting directly to, and working closely with the Director of Operations, you are a key member of the Operations team providing support to a collaborative team of professionals. The main responsibilities of this role will relate to gift processing and database support. This will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Has a post-secondary degree in a related field.
- Has 2 to 3 years experience in database entry.
- Has strong Excel skills and a proficiency with MS Office and Teams.
- Has a working knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT & Database view or CRM databases. RE NXT certification would be great!
- Is highly organized and able to work on multiple projects concurrently and consistently meet deadlines.
- Has refined analytical skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Has strong initiative and works well with minimal supervision.
- Has professional verbal and written communications skills.
- Has the interpersonal skills to work in a small office environment with a wide range of stakeholders and situations.
- Is consistently and authentically upbeat, positive, outgoing, personable, and able to relate well with others.
- Has a professional attitude, appearance and demeanour, and the ability to serve as a professional role model internally and in the community.
- Has a valid drivers license and regular access to a vehicle.
- Is willing and able to provide proof of vaccination as recommended by federal and/or provincial guidance.
- Lives in the London area and enjoys coming into the office daily.
Sunshine’s Purpose: The Sunshine Foundation of Canada has been changing the lives of Canadian children and youth living with severe physical disabilities since 1987. Sunshine was a part of the Canadian disability right movement which arose around in the latter half of the 20th century. This movement included multiple social movements that took a similar but distinct approach advocating civil rights for almost four million people with physical, sensory, and cognitive impairments. Our purpose is to positively impact the mental health of the people we serve through building confidence, independence, and hope for the future.About Our Team: Sunshine is a team that thrives on working together and we value the contribution of the individual to overall organizational goals. We are committed to the well-being of our team, including their growth and development. Our team is motivated by the change we see in the children and youth we serve.Next step? That is up to you.Would you like to learn more about this opportunity and how you may be able to join the team at Sunshine? Apply today! We will be filling this position as quickly as possible. Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please explore www.sunshine.ca for more information about Sunshine.While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Sunshine Foundation of Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
- Gift processing, issuance of tax receipts and letters, database maintenance, and reporting.
- Becoming the RE NXT point of contact and subject matter expert in the organization
- Assist and support human resource functions.
- Performing general office duties including liaising with external service providers.
- Performing other duties as assigned.